Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Fashions Through The Years

Look.at.the.camera. Sit.up.straight. Sigh….

DSCN7593

Amidst all the hopping and wiggling I finally got the gang together!  Now aren't they cute?  Chicks and bunnies, old and new gathered together for a family portrait.  Don't you think they'll thank me someday when they remember the days when they all lived together?  Easter pictures – it's a tradition for all of us…. don't you love it?  New clothes and egg hunts!

1954?  Jeff…aka Columbo  and sisters Judy and Joan

easter 19551

1956.  - My big sister and me.  New dresses always made by Mother of dotted swiss or some frilly ruffled fabric and always a new hat and shoes.  Sisters

1958?  Jeff and Joan with Granny showing off new Easter shoes!

Easter 1957?

Zoom - Easter 1968  A new generation.  Now I'm the one taking the Easter pictures and in charge of new hats and shoes.

8-29-2010_089

1969 one year later a new hat, a new outfit even a new Easter car!

8-27-2010_007

1970 All dressed up heading for the egghunt!

8-30-2010_048

1972 HA - Choosing my own hats now! New outfits and a new brother on the way!  It's Easter so white purses and shoes are permitted! lol

Sisters4

Two years later  One of mine is already out of the Easter outfit…much to the aggravation of Greg aka Tucker Carlson!  Not only am I not taking a ton of pictures – I've begun to recycle Easter outfits!

8-22-2010_002

This is more like it …no hats – old shoes – no pants for one of us – Easter with the cousins at Granny's house.

8-22-2010_005

1998 - 23 years later….the next generation! Brandon's little Brandon aka the Bjer!

Easter 1998

1999 - The annual egg hunt in McAllen -  Barbara and the Bjer….. Cascarones!!!

Brandon and Barbara

Happy Easter!!!!

Joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound.

14 comments:

  1. Look at all these generations!! All caught on Kodak! This is a great post. You will love sharing it with your family on Easter!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the same outfits...
    you and i must be about the same age...and my son's first Easter was 1969...
    oh how we've progressed and transformed...who bothers with hats and new shoes now??? can't get my grandson out of aeropostale shirts and nike basketball shorts!!!
    thanks for bringing back memories
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Loved looking at all these photos!



    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sentimental mom! I love your Easter through the years.....how I wish I had some of my photos as a girl. Mom always made outfits for my sis and I...taffeta was her fabric of choice (not ours! :)

    I enjoyed your photos so much!

    I hope your Easter is filled with blessings galore...and lots of chocolate eggs, too!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for sharing your old photos...they are wonderful
    Happy Easter & HPS too
    Michelle xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy! can I ever relate to those pictures ... the new outfits every year made by Mother for each of us 5 kids ... ty for taking me on a walk of memories to resurface.

    Love your family shares, generation to generation. Just precious moments to remember & share with each new child ...

    May your Easter be filled with eggs-tra special blessings ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a wonderful post! You've inspired me...i'm asking for a new car for Easter (i'm sure i'll receive one of the "Hot Wheels" type ha ha). Happy PS & have a glorious Easter, your newest follower, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the most special post! I loved it & it really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing...enjoy your Easter...xox Tami

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great memories. So sweet.

    Your family will treasure this collection for years to come.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great trip down memory lane!
    I meant to tell you. We beat the draft one step at a time too.
    Married.
    Married school teachers.
    Married with a child.
    Whew!
    Beat each one by a day so it seemed!
    Congratulations to you for the perfect family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing..Happy Pink Saturday & Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, I love this post. All the photos and memories are wonderful. I am so glad you shared with us.

    Happy Pink Saturday. I hope you had a nice Easter. I know you are feeling sad about the loss of Laverne's mother. The two of you are blessed to be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still working my way through the PS posts. I think your Easter pictures are wonderful - love the bunnies too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Missing you on PS today. Hope you are feeling better by now.

    It's HOT in Missouri....why does it go from freezing to hot in hours? Where's our Spring? :)

    This weekend has been jam-packed and continues to be so right though tomorrow. Just took time out to fix a Mint Julep and watch the Kentucky Derby....no it's time to cook my side dishes for the Mother's Day Feast. Maybe I should've done that BEFORE I enjoyed that Mint Julep! Sluuuuurp! :)

    Hope it's been a good Pink Saturday for you......cuz you're still on MY list today!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete