Friday, February 25, 2011

The Latest Buzz At My House

A couple of days ago I got the cutest package in the mail – a sampler made just for me by Debbie of Kitten Creates.  She had looked over my blog and figured out some of my favorite things.  Let's see….Pink? check…Teal…love it….Yellow Roses? doesn't any Texas gal love them… Buttons? of course….little 50s cowgirls? what could be cuter????  So Debbie mixed them all up and out came this adorable sampler.  Look at how the lace makes the stems for the roses. 
debbiesampler
That's not just any little cowgirl in her little cowgirl outfit and maryjanes…that's Debbie herself.  Aww – she dreamt of being a cowgirl or an artist.  Guess which one she grew up to be?  She inherited her Grandmother's sewing skills and
DSCN6755
is also a jewelry designer.  She sent along this beautiful pink necklace with another of my favorite things…bluebirds!  I love it sooo much,
DSCN6760
Thanks a million, Debbie.  And while I'm thanking people, I wanted to thank, Dana for these darling Valentiney gifts she sent.  I love the bookmark and look at this handkerchief.  Soooo pretty.  Don't you love RED??? 
DSCN6793
Look what else came with the hanky and bookmark!  Something Pink, naturally.   The Stone Rabbit has his own personalized pens!  He sent me two of them!  It was nice of him to put Dana's name on there also but she does lug him around all sorts of places and that can't be easy.  Well I just think it's so clever.
DSCN6790
It's been a wonderful mail week for me.  My little ceramic family is growing.  Here's their latest family picture.
DSCN6785
They are all '50s and '60s folks and I should never name them because…well…then they're family!  So from left to right….The Snappy Snails, Silas and Sally,  the three bees, Sleepy, Sting and Honey and the newest member of the bluebird family – Flora.  The whole group wants to wish you all a happy Pink Saturday!
Thank you Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for this weekly get together.  Let's go visit everyone else now!
xoxo Nancy

16 comments:

  1. Nancy you really got some nice treasures...have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOH....I love the sampler Debbie created for you!! That is darling....love the cowgirl theme....so perfect. Now, I'm warning you....you'd better hide that little blue bird necklace, cuz I am really wanting that!!! Don't be surprised if I send TSR down to Texas to fetch that for me!! ;)

    Love the treatment my pen received...you had me scared for a minute!! :) I know you will put them to good use as you write your grocery lists, to do lists and Christmas gift ideas!

    Yes, we've got the wintery weather here....BUT it's supposed really rain lots on Sunday. I hope it washes the snow and yuk away!!

    Have a great Pink Saturday!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOH....I love the sampler Debbie created for you!! That is darling....love the cowgirl theme....so perfect. Now, I'm warning you....you'd better hide that little blue bird necklace, cuz I am really wanting that!!! Don't be surprised if I send TSR down to Texas to fetch that for me!! ;)

    Love the treatment my pen received...you had me scared for a minute!! :) I know you will put them to good use as you write your grocery lists, to do lists and Christmas gift ideas!

    Yes, we've got the wintery weather here....BUT it's supposed really rain lots on Sunday. I hope it washes the snow and yuk away!!

    Have a great Pink Saturday!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK....I have no idea why you just got a double dose of me....please delete away! :) L, D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snails are a hoot! Happy Pink Saturday.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! and I love all your sweet goodies.
    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful week you had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what treasures!!!!! It's fun to get a special package in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just participated in Linda’s A Swap for All Seasons Mini Fabric Collage Swap, so I can certainly appreciate how thrilled you are with the one you received. It is precious. All of your goodies are so dear. I know you were tickled PINK when you opened up the package and was what was inside. HPS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous share. I love the sampler made by Debbie. How beautiful it is. So pretty. I love the lace that made the leaf borders, and see I think I would have over looked that. It will make me look twice at laces now for sure. I love the heart on the back as well. That necklace is beautiful, but I have got to tell you.

    Yee Haaw, as I love that little Debbie cowgirl. Is she not the sweetest little thing as a young girl. So cute. She just stole my heart. A beautiful exchange, just priceless. Thank you for sharing.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wonderful pinks!

    Xoxo
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Nancy, it has been a great week for you girlfriend.
    Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh Sweetie,,I LOVE all the pics but especially the very last one with the sweet lil birdies and those snails!!! How great are they,,WOW.. And the bees. Well, I could just go on and on.. But I won't... :0)
    May you feel Christ's Presence throughout your weekend and new week..and May His blessings continue on you and yours... Amen and Amen~~~Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey hun!!! I miss you to pieces!! Hows life going? I wish I was coming to PC this summer to see you again! Boooo :(
    I just love your collection and your friend made a pretty peice of art! LOVE IT! hope to talk to ya soon ya need to give me a call one of these days and well catch up! big hugs

    toodles-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete