Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Answering Questions

Several of you asked for the recipe for the Poinsettias.  Well, this is not the “official” recipe…this is LaVerne’s special recipe. Got a pencil?  Put it down because it’s so simple you don’t need it. It’s half and half (not the dairy kind) 1/2 semisweet sparkling wine and 1/2 cranberry pomegranate juice.  They are really delicious.  It’s a perfect way to start the day!!!!!image

Just kidding!  Only at parties.  Now the other thing I noticed…you all wanted the drink recipe and no one took note of the fact that I said Chicken salad on a croissant, red hots, and Poinsettias are a balanced meal.  Very sad…tsk tsk…you guys are just like me!!!  Now I need a green drink for St. Patty’s Day!  I’ve been making these banners

DSCN0940

for  The Roost and put the pdf download in my Etsy store.

lucky collage 

Quite a few of you wanted to know where I got the Ballerinas.

DSCN0349

  I wish I could remember which catalog but it was back in 1989 that we ordered them from one of the thousands of crap catalogs that used to come in the mail. (Gosh I sort of miss them)  I co-own them with Barbara and Judy.  We chipped in to buy one set – they lived with the other gals for about 15 years and now they’re with me for…uh…let’s just say they’ll have a hard time getting them back!  Anyway, I’ve looked all over online…ebay etc. and can’t find them. 

:(   If anyone does find them let me know.

Back to work now….xoxo Nancy

5 comments:

  1. so kind of you to answer our inquires...and to research the ballerinas! you have to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy! Thanks for the yummy drink recipe! I can hardly wait to get the "fixings" and when I make one, I'll toast the Ya-yas! Love your St. Pat's banner....you are sooo creative!

    I am a fan of your triplets, too! It's even more fun to know that three of you gals co-own them!

    Hope you're having a great day. I'm finally almost over the crud. It's a warmish, sunny day here today. Patty and I had to attend a funeral this morning, but afterward, we went up to The Square in Indep for lunch and a fabulous stroll around the square and some shopping (Looking...I didn't find anything). The outing made me feel almost normal again.

    Take care....L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.mysterymeatloaf.blogspot.com

    my beloved cooked! :)
    hope you can come over...
    bring a fork! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banner is WONDERFUL...congratulations on your Etsy sale!!!I'll bet you have lots of other takers... Now, I told Beverly that I wouldn't have time to post for Pink Saturday, but you must check out my blog for pictures of the babies...I was hurried, but it's one of my all-time favorite posts!

    ReplyDelete