Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day in Texas!

OH MY GOSH -  It’s snowing.   Snowing – right here in Texas. 

 

I’d forgotten how exciting snow can be – how invigorating it feels. 

DSCN0952 In Ohio I used to shovel our driveway and play with the kids all afternoon in six inches of it.  I remember how tired – good tired – I was afterwards.  Thirty five years later it only took a little walk around the yard playing with Lillie in 1/2” of it  for fifteen minutes to get that same feeling! 

DSCN0986

Shake it off Lillie!

DSCN0992

There’s Jeff’s little Garden Fancy he’s building and the flower BED that thank goodness isn’t planted yet! ( It was 75 Sunday and a gorgeous day)

DSCN1002  Hello – next time I go out I’ll remember not to wear my slip on backless tennis shoes.  Yikes.  Speaking of Lillie – it was the first time she’s ever seen snow and of course she was adorable squinting her big brown eyes trying to figure out what the heck was landing on her and her yard!

DSCN0998

I love that the schools get out early and offices close and  practically whole town  shuts down with 1/2 inch!  It’s like a bonus holiday – except you don’t have to decorate for it! 

DSCN0978

Miss Priss was ready to come in after 15 minutes, too!

DSCN0973

We both dried off our feet  and now it’s time for that other Snow Day requirement.  A little warm-up snooze by the fire!Panorama 1

Merry Snow Day!  xoxo Nancy

9 comments:

  1. WOW happy happy snow day Nancy. Texas has snow yea for you all... had to say that being Canadian lol
    I bet you don't own a shovel right? I can lend you one of 4 if you'd like lol
    Enjoy
    Love Claudie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your turn...we had our share week before last...only a few flurries here nothing stuck..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to see the snow through your eyes...JOYOUS!

    i am snowed in and snowed under...
    lol

    so happy to read your post my friend..
    now...the snow is lovely
    the snow is lovely
    the snow is...


    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you and Lillie had a chance to frolic in the snow today!! She is a beauty!! And if your snow melts, we have a lot more here for the taking!! ;-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Lillie looks like she's made for snow!!! Love the photos, Nancy, but I didn't see a snowman! :)

    Your fire looks so cozy! I may have to strike up our gas logs to watch "Lost" tonight. It's really cold here and is supposed to get even colder tonight and tomorrow! NEXT week, we may be having temps climbing into the 40s! I'll be wanting to plant stuff and put cushions on the patio chairs! NOT!

    Have a great evening. L, Dana

    PS I still love snow days! I loved them as a kid, as a teacher and when my kiddos were in school. I still watch the list of school cancellations...it's so much fun. It's not fun, however, to listen to my husband grumble about going to work when everything else shuts down. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only in Texas do you wake up to drizzle, drive to work school or shopping in the sleet, go home at noon in the snow, and top off your afternoon with a little work in the yard in the sunshine! Gotta love it!!!! Spanky hated it...what does a little blind, deaf dog know anyway? She probably thought she was having the worst nightmare ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: Lost

    Yes, WHERE did Jack's son come from? That was REALLY from no where..but so was the truth that Claire was really his sister! We need to join a Lost Fan Club...I already have that on my FBook! :)

    I just realized you could watch episodes on line when I was getting the post together....also, I just might have to invest in all of the DVDs of previous seasons. The Lost Withdrawal will be horrible!

    How's the snow? L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy! Glad you enjoyed the snow. I'll admit, I don't miss it a bit. But Lillie looks like she had a ball, she is just adorable. We had about 3 inches here, my Thursday post is about our "blizzard" Hope you have a great weekend. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it snowed while we were gone!!!the only snow in central Texas since we've lived here and we missed it!!!But I'm glad you enjoyed it and had fun playing like a kid again...Lillie seems less excited, but the pictures of her in the snow are darling....

    ReplyDelete