Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Termocrisa Tablescape Thursday

I'm so excited! Two of my very best buds are coming day after tomorrow and we're all going to Relay For Life which will start at 6 Friday night and end at 7 Saturday morning. It's a wonderful cause and also a big giant slumber party! So after taking turns walking the high school track all night we'll come back to my house and hit the sack. Then when and if we wake up, I'll take a tray upstairs for them.

LaVerne, like me, needs coffee...while Barbara.....

is strickly a tea drinker.

Jeff will make some of his fabulous cream scones for us and I've got a tray all ready. I thought it needed just a little color...
So I added some of these little Petite roses out of my yard. I think I'm set!
Do you see the little plates? I bought them last week - the whole set for $4.00 I knew nothing about them...only that it was love at first sight. After researching them and figuring out the mark on the bottom I learned they are vintage Termocrisa. They were made in Mexico by Fire King. Fire King officianados apparently warn you Not to confuse the two. No problem - I've never seen such a delicate blue on Fire Kings (which I love by the way but hello - who needs a Fire King Snob!!!) Anyway, here are the plates which are more a luncheon size.
And I paired them with a brown Friendly Village plate doing double duty as a charger.
I just set my table for tonight's plain old dinner and our favorite glasses for plain old dinner are Target plastic glasses. Most of my dishes are thrifted. I bought the little square teapot years ago in Salado, TX and it's English china and are the Woods and Sons mugs from Marshalls. The tray is really a treasure. My husband had it custom made for me one Christmas. So that's it. Come spend a whole night walking for Relay for Life and I'll serve you guys coffee or tea in bed, too!
Susan at Between Naps On The Porch realized that a whole bunch of us love tablescaping and started this fun event so be sure to visit Susan and Mr. Linky to visit all the blogs participating!

21 comments:

  1. Nancy - what a great thing to do, and how fun that you get to do it with friends. It's a tiring event for sure. Your tray is just lovely and the new plates are so vintage cute! What a sweetie you are to take them a tray. When can I visit? :-)

    Thx for sharing, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky friends to get some pampering from you after doing Relay for Life. It all looks so pretty with your new plates. Thanks for sharing.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got vintage Fire King too... but nothing pretty as you Mexico made by Fire King... but not "Fire King"... plates.. did I get all that right Nancy... LOL

    beautiful post my blogger pal..
    hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your tray is just divine! How thoughtful of you. And for Hubs to do the scones will be wonderful. Your roses look absolutely stunning on your tray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy! Your tray is so pretty with all those sweet blues. I really like it. What a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing Relay for Life too but no one is making me breakfast... at least I don't think they are... *Grin* Your settings are adorable! Happy walking...
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tray is really pretty -- your guests will be much appreciative. Love your new dishes. They look really good on the chargers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice ! You are very crafty.
    I hope you have a great time for
    a great cause with Relay...I did
    it several years for my old company and was team captain -
    you are appreciated ! Hugs - Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE....LOVE the little butter knives. And your Termocrisa china is so pretty and such a great deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of fun! What lucky friends you have! I love the blue tray you have set up, it reminds me of something out of Victoria magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful and thoughtful tray for your guests. I love the blue and white, and your new dish finds are just gorgeous. So lovely. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely thing to do for your friends. Everything is just beautiful - very special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son did Relay for a couple of years when he was in high school. A wonderful cause.

    I love your tray, and your thrifted dishes. Such a beautiful tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for such a wonderful comment on my blog today. I loved the idea that 100 years from now, my china would still be beautiful. What a wonderful perspective! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dishes....and that square tea pot and that coffee pot, and the embroidered napkin....did you embroider it yourself?....well, it all is so very lovely. Your friends are very lucky.

    Hope your day has been beautiful and good luck on the Relay for Life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful and cozy, I love the blu and white pattern. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nancy! I'd love to be your friend coming over for tea! The tray is set beautifully! I love those plates you have and I've never seen that pattern before either. It's so dainty!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just know you're going to have a great time. And hubby making scones - what a great guy! Your tray looks lovely, I really like the plates you found. Say hi to Laverne and Barbara for me, and if you can, pop over to my blog for info on the Red Poppy Fest next weekend. It would be great if you could make it up to G'town. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous tablescape! I just loved your entry.
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Nancy!
    Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends:)

    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Royalty would be lucky to be served in such a delightful manner!

    ReplyDelete