Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

For an annual salad supper the women of my church host, I planned the tablescape for one of the tables. There were about ten tables all done up in different themes. As usual we had a huge budget of $000.oo to work with so I decided to order some plates I had seen in Polly's Store at Counting Your Blessings. I thought about a......
red and white theme but ultimately decided on a

a black and white theme.

I tied the chairs with a wide grosgrain ribbon
used a chic gray plastic tablecloth with a black plastic runner.
White vases seem to multiply in the church cupboards
so a couple of bunches of daisies filled a bunch of vases.
Add a mirror for a little anchor and
a table favor of Psalms tied with vintage seam binding and presto our table was done. The simple table setting filled up quickly with all the "fun" people and we had a wonderful time!
Plates: Polly's Blog
Flowers: Heb
Plastic tablecoverings: swiped from Tired and Retired closet
Ribbon: out of my stash
Vases: Church cupboard
Total cost: not much!!!
Thanks for stopping by.

Susan at Between Naps On The Porch realized that a whole bunch of us love tablescaping and started this fun event so be sure to visit Susan and Mr. Linky to visit all the blogs participating!






Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Love those plates -- so perfect for a church supper. And yes, those vases seem to multiply -- We have oodles in our church cabinets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, looks like a fun table! I bet everyone enjoyed themselves, love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and elegant - I bet everybody loved sitting at this table

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those plates, very appropriate! The table was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you did a beautiful job! What great plates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job - I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great minds think alike...I have a table with white flowers and a line of vases too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job...Creativity shines when you have to do it on a small budget!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really came out beautifully. It certainly doesn't look like you had "O" budget! I'm sure everyone loved it, it looks very elegant. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is amazing, what you did with so little expense. I have done a lot of church suppers, and none looked as good as this!

    I am taking notes.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you decorated. I have done quite a bit of table decorating through the years at churches where we have served. We usually had the same budget you did and it's fun to be creative.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again. I just gave you an award. You can come to my blog when you get a chance to receive it.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an awfully nice table for $0.00! The daisies reminded me of my childhood -- my mom and I picked armloads of wild daisies to put on the table at my first Communion breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete