Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February Happy Homemaker Tag A Long

My theme this month for a "Year of Celebrations" is Chinese New Year.  This is the "Year of the Rabbit" and if you want to read the sign you were born under just go here!  It's so interesting.

febtag1










Anyway, that's not why I've gathered you all here today. haha  Here's how I went about putting this little tag together.

Last year I had ordered a package of the thinnest tissue paper diecuts I'd ever seen direct from China!

DSCN6460-tile

Too thin to use as is they had to be put on something to keep from tearing so I had…

DSCN6466-tile

I added a small scrap of red and pink scrap paper (not shown here) and need to find another!

DSCN6463

I wanted to give the illusion of two little girls standing in front of a temple.  The gold foil dresden trim lanterns and the pink and red flocked paper reminded me of some I've seen in Chinese restaurants.  I hinged the large lantern because……………….

b 

I wanted…….

 

to give it….

 

MOVEMENT!

febtag4

DSCN6502











So  that's it! This little tag is right at home with my Valentine display. Two tiny hearts are my nod to Valentine's Day.

To my Year Long Tag A Long partner Scrap For Joy, to our host Elizabeth at Bluebird Papercrafts   and to all my fellow "taggers" I want to wish you all a  Happy Valentine's Day!

We have a blog for the Happy Homemaker TagALong Swap and I think it's a wonderful idea.  I'm going to put up a link in my sidebar  or just go here to see all of us who are lucky enough to be tagging along!

Until March…

febtagxoxo Nancy

Sukiyaki???? As Loretta Lynn would say "and Patsy if yer listenin'…but make that Barbara…this songs for you! LOL

22 comments:

  1. Nancy, I adore you more than I can possibly say! I have been counting down the days from your last tag just to see this tag! WOW! I am smiling ear to ear! You inspire me! I must think of of some Chinese New Year characters to make, and I must make myself some tags. You have made my Tagging Along Day, Nancy! Thank you so much for your participation. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this creation, Nancy, and really enjoyed the step by step you took us through! I was super impressed by how you got that picture to MOVE!! Too cool! Oh, and I know it's the year of The Rabbit....but you know EVERY year is Rabbit year at my house!! :)

    Happy Wednesday!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your post via a commenter on another blog (Musings of Kim K). I celebrate Chinese New Year and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what you have done with this project.
    Kung Hai Fat Choi (from China Town in Toronto)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the movement and color. It so out of the box and unexpected. Love it! I can't wait to see what you cook up next month. thanks for all the inspiration.Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant tag, but I must say, I love your post about how you created it nearly as much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Wonderful--i love anything Asian to begin with and this is just so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a completely unique and wonderful idea...I would have NEVER thought to go "Asian" with my tag...and a temple instead of a house! I LOVE it! Wonderful job... on the tutorial, the tag, EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, what a "knock your socks off" tag AND post! love love love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the movement of the lantern and the theme is wonderful. Thank you for showing the steps also. Brilliant just Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely! How clever making that photo move to show the movement!
    It appears I am a rat (in Chinese years that is - lol)
    Thanks for your comment on my fabric collage today x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow great images and the movement is wonderful, can't wait to see whats next
    lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY.... you did such and amazing job on your tag...what a work of art. Brilliant! So enjoyed your entire post! Thanks for sharing.
    xoso Sandy O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, love it, love it. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tag is absolutely fabulous. We have an adopted daughter from China and we've been celebrating CNY activities for the last few weeks. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful this is! I love the movement you've created...so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your whole concept. The adorable girls in front of the temple and the rich colors really make this tag so special. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you really go all out for showing us your process and the movement too love it. The tags are so darn cute. Wonderful job you did on the whole presentation, which reminds me I must put more into mine next month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this tag...all the parts and pieces really came together perfectly! Perfect music too...Happy year of the Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chinese New Year, rabbits, Sukiyaki, and Floyd. Ahh memories!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You with out a doubt thought outside this box! Wonderful in its glory! Having creative minds come together is always the best! It makes us others think about what we haven't thought about! Kudo's to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found your blog via another blog (Musings from Kim K.), and I love what you did for CNY. We have a daughter from China, and we have spent the last weeks gearing up for this celebration. Thanks for sharing...
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Cindy
    www.whaleyccjt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous! Love the movement, makes it so much fun!

    hugs,
    c

    ReplyDelete