Friday, February 7, 2014

Hearts and Crafts Movement

Last year I downsized my Valentine decorations
DSCN0779
These Bears survived the purge
DSCN0854
even though they really need to go to a better home where they won’t be stuck in a box March through January!
DSCN0856
One of the things I love the most are my valentines that my friends have made and sent.
DSCN0848
This year is the first time in a long time that I haven’t been in some sort of Valentine swap.
DSCN2457
Here are a couple from my swap with my
DSCN2458
some of my Circle Journal friends.
valentine exchange 004
Last year I made a hanging garland.
valentine garland 005
In my mind I can collect all the Valentines I want because if they are paper they don’t take up much room. Smile
valentine garland 007
I also have a collection of old candy boxes.
valentine exchange 014
Love, love, love them.
valentine exchange 015
but in case of fire I think I’d have to grab the Valentine’s that were created by my friends.
valentine exchange 017
I’ve recycled some pictures from previous years because it’s been too dreary to take any decent pictures. I’m sort of surprised at the amount of things I still have after my purge last year! Have a lovely Valentine’s Day next Friday. And Happy Valentine’s Day to a sweetheart of a host…Beverly at How Sweet The Sound who hosts Pink Saturday.
DSCN0809
xoxo Nancy

7 comments:

  1. I loved seeing all of your Valentine's handmades (mine included.....smiling) and I'm glad those cute bears survived the Purge of 2013!!! They are adorable! Also, I love the vintage candy boxes. I have several R. Stover boxes...just can't stand the thought of pitching them!! I'm really enjoying the CJFrieds cards we made last year and I will share those next weekend. I've been tied up with dr. appts for two days now, so I was lucky I'd thought to snap some photos yesterday morning before the med. emergency hit!! Check your WWF for a message about the most recent updates.

    Gonna take a nap....I'm zapped. Have a wonderful weekend.....and enjoy that game!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your valentines decorations....in Australia we have Valentines day however most don't decorate for it or celebrate it...its just another day. HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warmest wishes to you and Jeff and the girls this weekend. I totally agree with you about grabbing the Valentines in case of fire! Love seeing all our favorite cards every year. I love that my mother saved cards from my very first Valentine! and love that we started the tradition of making our own each year! Enjoy the Pink and red this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave u[ decorating for any occasion several years ago. Not worth, just one. I love seeing what others do tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Valentines! The handmade ones from friends are special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection of valentines from your friends! Happy Pink Saturday! Marti

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet to have a collection of valentines from your friends, love the little bluebird ones. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete