Thursday, January 23, 2014

Weather Report

Oh my gosh – our weather is crazy. This is last week when it was a perfect 72 degrees.

We took at walk around Lake Pflugerville.

Jeff, Lilly and Iris (9)

It’s only a couple of years old and our water is considerably better since they built it.

Jeff, Lilly and Iris

I think Lilly would be happy just ruling the neighborhood but Iris, on the other hand, loves to go no matter where it is.

Jeff, Lilly and Iris (6)

Aren’t they sweet? I said “give your sister a kiss” and Iris did!

Jeff, Lilly and Iris (7)

They have been snuggled in by the fire today. The wind is howling out of the north and it’s 27 degrees tonight.

DSCN4927

I noticed today that if you’re stuck in an airport Austin is the best airport to be stuck in! We have live music and…..

-Postcard_of_Austin_Bergst-20000000006042124-500x375

the best barbeque!

01_salt_lick_bbq-moes

You know we go completely nuts when it gets cold in Texas and add in a little precipitation and we have no idea what to do!!!

snow

I have to go drip my faucets and close the dog door for the night and hopefully get a cup of hot chocolate.

I’m joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound  for Pink Saturday on this chilly day. Stay warm.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post...thank you for sharing...HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our temps are about the same right now, Nancy. The weather "pro"on the news this a.m. told us it was going to be 45. HE LIED!!!! It was 25 at 1:30 and the winds were howling (just like those in your part of the country). Wow...it stinks!!! Tomorrow is "supposed" to be warmer and Sun., fingers crossed, it's supposed to the near 60.....then the bottom falls out again for next week. I'm sick of it!!!

    OK...I'll stop my weather grinching!!! :)

    Ooooh... I love your lake!! I didn't know you had one there!! What a gorgeous place to walk with your pups!! It looks like it would be fun to run there, too!! :)

    Iris and Lily look so sweet curled up by the fire. Little Twiggy is wrapped on my feet as I type right now!! Actually, I prefer that spot to my lap when I'm "computing".....it's hard to type when the kitty keeps getting up and turning around in the lap and messing with my typing arms!!

    Austin Airport looks pretty accomodating! I don't think we have Bar B Q at KCI, but we have lots of good spots around town (and some pretty bad spots, too!)

    I went to see August: Osage Co. today with Bonnie and Marian. That family certainly put the FUN in dysFUNctional!! Wowsuh!!! It was intense and crazy and funny and sad.....Meryl and Julia were outstanding in their parts..as were all of the other actors. My hubby and I saw Lone Survivor last weekend. I dind't realize it was going to be so brutal or I would have gone to another theater and let him feast on the blood and shooting. Sadly, it was based on a true story....such brave men put in a horrible situation.

    OK....gotta go create a feast for our evening meal ( I'm hoping there are enough leftovers to fill us up....I don't want to cook from scratch tonight!!!)

    Have a great PSat!! And stay snuggy warm!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have a lake now! Austin is a great city - even the airport!

    ReplyDelete