Friday, February 10, 2012

Pink Saturday Valentiney Greetings!

Guess what??? After 7 years my attic guestroom is finally, finally painted.  I’m beyond grateful to my husband because it was hard to paint.

DSCN0217

There’s not one square corner in here – take it back…there is one but it’s not square!  I’m taking pictures into the light so they’re sort of glowy.

DSCN0192

I’ve been putting the room back together today and first things up were my banner from the very first Paper Cowgirl and then:

DSCN0183

My YaYa picture.

DSCN0184

That’s me in the middle…when I was skinny! Aren’t we fabulous???  haha This was a card from the girls when I had a hysterectomy about 9 years ago and I finally took the poster and made it into a hanging so it can always be out.  (LaVerne….always posing!)

DSCN0185

so back to the room  -  Maxine in her bunny slippers. DSCN0187

Oh I love this loveseat but I had it upholstered 20 years ago and I can’t stand the fabric now so I’ve rigged a “slipcover”.  I really want a white cotton duck slipcover which costs more than a new loveseat but this has a down cushion and I can’t bear to let it go!

DSCN0206

This chair was Kathy’s who gave it to Barbara who passed it on to me.  It’s bulky and heavy but I can’t part with it either.

DSCN0193

The back of the door.

DSCN0195

I love my collection of Madonnas.  In fact, looking at these pictures almost everything in here is sentimental to me.

 DSCN0196

A shelf of Christmas pictures.  That’s my little Q grandson who is 13 now!

DSCN0197

And my Brandon grandson – 16!  Those are his little white suede shoes and bowtie from his uncles wedding.

 DSCN0198

 

 DSCN0216

And since it’s Pink Saturday my Pink Cuckoo clock!

 DSCN0201

My husband made this table for me in the ‘80s – it’s a heart.  He made it from scratch and painted the vines.  I’m attached!

DSCN0208

I was only going to have the twin beds out but I pulled out the trundle because the YaYas are coming!!! I could pull out one more bed but Barbara sleeps on the couch downstairs with the ceiling fan.  So it’s Judy, LaVerne and Patty up here.  The fan is for Judy, Patty needs a heating pad because she freezes and LaVerne just passes out in her signature “corpse” position! DSCN0210

Everyone gets a snuggly.

 DSCN0217

I’m washing the quilt for the third bed.  I think this is looking sort of beach cottagey.

DSCN0212

These are a plate of my itty bitty books….

 DSCN0214

So… Happy Valentine’s Day from me and my faithful dog Iris who was behind my every step today while her sister Lilly Louise played outside!

DSCN0218

Thanks to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for getting us all together for this Valentine Party.

xoxo Nancy

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely attic guest room. I've had fun scrolling up and down taking all your special details in your special space. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that room looks awful to paint! But it turned out lovely. I really love the banner. Happy Valentines Day and Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why that room was difficult to paint! Your husband must be a sweetie. And he made you that heart table!! So sweet. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great space and have fun with the gang!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is a peach! The room is wonderful, and it sounds like you are i for a lot of fun with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAAAAAAAAN,now I really know how much fun I'm missing out on! Your attic guest-room is FABULOUS!!! Your hubby did a wonderful job painting it up real PURDY for those three lucky YaYas!!! PLEASE, take a picture of "the corpse" for the rest of us to see!! OMG...your description of them was hysterical!!

    That room reminds me of the attic bedroom my sis and brother and I shared when we were 8, 6 and 3. My mom had spent days painting it bright yellow (maybe that's why I've always loved yellow)...anyway, while my sis and I were at school one day, my little brother took my mom's brand new tube of bright red Avon lipstick and proceeded to put huge Zorro Z's all over those bright yellow walls. She was pretty upset...we thought it was pretty clever on his part. He was in love with Zorro and Davy Crockett (had a coonskin cap, too!)

    I have the gr. kids until tomorrow..not the baby, though. He's still eating every 1 1/2 -3 hrs....and his mama is in charge of that! I don't know how I'll do with three....I've just gotten pretty good at two! :) I'm sure I'll be fine..the gr. girl is a huge help. We made Valentine cookies today...they were really cute to watch them do that.

    HPS....Happy Valentine's Day....and have fun with your Ya Yas. I'm so envious....in a long-distance Ya Ya sort of way!

    L, Dana

    PS Love the wonderful table J made for you....he is definitely a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that maxim doll and your yaya picture. visiting from pinksat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful cozy and inviting room - I'm packing my bags - see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely room, looks like there will be lots of fun and love in there!
    Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane (I am #16)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous room and creations!
    Happy Pink Valentines!
    Wishing you a great week ahead.

    ♥Regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely little room. I love all of the little touches. Why don't you link your post to Seasonal Sundays?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful~~~~looks great Nancy!
    What a great space you have in the attic,
    I would love a room like that myself:))

    Happy PS & Valentine's Weekend!

    xo
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete