Thursday, February 16, 2012

By The Sea

Working on my friend Kay’s journal has been such a fun experience.  This is the first book I’ve worked in for our Circle Journal group of 10 people.  This is a teeny part of the two page layout in my studio…aka my bed.

DSCN0228

I don’t know if we’re showing pictures of the whole layout or not so I’ll show you what I did for her sign in page.

DSCN0232

Basically this page was done up beautifully already so I decided to just work on a “tag”.  Working big is a lot easier so this is my quote that I lettered using markers and colored pencils.

DSCN0231

Then I scanned it into the computer, reduced it and gave it a little digital distressing.

DSCN0229-1

Then I sketched and colored the little flower and the sun and did some hand distressing.  The postcard was already on the page with the pink crepe ruffle so I just added a transparency and that’s it.

DSCN0229-2

To see more of Kay’s Journal visit her at  Kay Ellen Designs.  Kay’s work is featured in Romantic Homes this month and also Apronology.

DSCN0230

Also, be sure to visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday.  Have a wonderful weekend.

xoxo Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! That looks wonderful, Nancy!!! Do you give lessons....fast.....over the internet? :)

    I just packed away my "love" banner....and thought of you! I put it out on our front porch this year and really "loved" it, there, too!

    I am trying to wrap my brain around what I want to do for Grace's journal....Marie Antoinette. Since I'm not into French decor/design...it will be a challenge! Her journal is very pretty, too!!

    Hope your Pink Saturday is a good one!!! The weather here has been warmish for us in Feb. ( 40s and 50s)....yay, I'll take it!!! I've been able to get out and run a little...but today I have to run the vacuum....my house looks like a dust bowl! :)

    Again, I love what you shared today!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. just lovely, I know it will be a treasured keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! So beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and looks like great fun!! Happy Pink Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy Sweetie...
    What a beautiful share today. You have created a gorgeous sign in page for Kay's journal. This looks like so much fun. Thank you for sharing. Kay is one lucky gal to have a creational page from you.

    Have a glorious weekend sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pink post for this week!

    My PINK, have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lettering is AMAZING...beautifully crafted letters...can't wait to see it when it's my turn. Have a Pink week!

    ReplyDelete