Thursday, February 2, 2012

Round and Round

and round – that’s how my “Circle Journal” will go this year.  Actually I have two  for 2012– one with my yaya girlfriends and one with my blog girlfriends.  One is a “Blue Book”  - we each chose a song with blue in the title – mine is “Blue Moon”.  Have you ever counted how many songs have blue in the title? There’s tons.  Last month we met at LaVerne’s house and this month I’m having a Valentine party to work in them.  Even for a Book of Blue you need  pink in an invitation for a holiday steeped in pink and by the way if you were here you’d be invited, too! 

image

 And for my other journal I chose to have a book of poems or quotes. We could choose whatever theme and color we wanted so true to you my Pink Saturday friends I had to have a pink cover!  And for some reason this year I became fascinated with several new things. Owls for one and Zentangling!  So I zentangled my way through my book of Wise Words with a wise old owl.   I forgot to take a picture of my finished book before I sent it on its way but here it is almost done and not bound.

DSCN0039-1

I love this little owl guy. This is before I got my new set of pens…

DSCN0042

and these are my pages  after my pens arrived.  I love the idea of forming an image by just breaking it down into shapes and patterns…does that even make any sense.  (Again this is before I finished this.)

DSCN0046

Honestly, I could just Zentangle all day! (Part of another page.)

DSCN0043

And then zentangle some more!  My “Blue Moon” cover…I hung the moon by a zentangle … sounds like a song in itself!

DSCN0129

Here’s a book I bought from Amazon in case you, too, become “zenchanted”!

DSCN0130

For now I need to zentangle my way out of this post as I have an early morning date with an estate sale.  

Thanks to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for getting this little soirée going each week.  Do stop by to see her

for some pink inspiration!  xoxo Nancy

14 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! That was me about Zentangle. It looks like something I would love. Thanks for the tip. Now, if only I can remember to follow through.

    I love both of these journals, Nancy. ♥♥♥ And, I've always wanted to be a yaya. You've got to love them.

    Happy Pink Saturday, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I can hardly stand it that I'm not there with you and the YaYa's at your Valentine party. You have the BEST group of fun-loving pals!!! I know I'd fit right in! :)

    I LOVE both journals. The Zentangling approach is wonderful...and I just might have to order that book and give it a whirl! What kind of "pens" do you use...do they make special ZTangling Pens?

    You are so stinkin' creative.....so talented with every thing I see you do!!

    HPS, my little Texas pal...sure wish I could see you at Round Top. That would be such a blast.

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal pages are simply fantastic! What a fun project. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tired just reading all you are involved in. I enjoyed seeing all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. You guys are having way to much fun. I wish I were there with you.

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  6. well it looks like you have got it donw ! Your4 journals are wonderful
    Happy PS ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy, Thank you for your sweet comment about my journal. I did have fun.

    Wow, you are really into making journals. No wonder your journal is so original. Zentangling is awesome. New to me. I love your clever words. The Blue Moon journal is terrific as well. I can learn a lot from you. Smile! I love getting to know you.

    Hope you found something special at the estate sale.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, very creative!

    Pink Cupcakes, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, I love the style of your pages, and that pink rose paper is wonderful! Hope you have some good finds at the estate sale! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love embellished journals of any kind. They always inspire the imagination and make me want to begin filling the pages with my own thoughts and ephemera, thanks for sharing, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been seeing bits and bobs around about zentangle. It looks very fascinating! HPS

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your projects are fantastic! I am going for that Zenspiration book! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy! So glad to hear my journal arrived..sorry it took awhile:))

    Hope the sealah no sew tape was in the box!!
    Have fun trying it out:))

    xo
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete