Thursday, December 15, 2011

Silent Starlight Fell

After church last Sunday I decided that this was going to be a more spiritual Christmas.  I'm not obsessing about gifts, not decorating much at all.  My husband is painting the guest room upstairs which is the best present in the whole world for me! Therefore I have nowhere to drag my stuff out so since I'm on a spiritual path this year I put all my Mary's where I usually put Santas and such.

DSCN9729

My little shrine is taking the place of a Nativity.  And there's so much pink to it.  Soothing, right?  We went to Vespers at St. Martin's in Austin last Sunday evening where Texas Lutheran University Choir comes  to perform and it was so beautiful.

Of course I forgot my camera…story of my life this year…but I found this on Flickr .  I'm for sure going to get sued for this since they're not my pictures.

image

 

An actress narrated the story…told from Mary's mother-in-law to be point of view.

image

DSCN9727

So excited about her son's marriage to the lovely Mary and then finding out about an expected baby – how could her son and his bride to be have done this?  It all turned out good as you know!  At the end the choir encircles the church and it is just so ethereal – the voices coming from every direction.

image

DSCN9726

Anyway – I thought I'd just display all together this year. 

DSCN9725

Along with all the easy to find trees!

DSCN9730

    Have a wonderful, calm and spiritual week…and may all your Christmases be PinK!

I'm joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday.  And now I have to get ready for my annual Christmas Bunco party.  

13 comments:

  1. I love your simpler decor. It is a reminder of the reason for the season. I also love your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vignette! I'm all for a more peaceful, serene Life.

    Merry Christmas,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your display is so beautiful and peaceful.
    Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautful stunning vignette, it says it all for Christmas.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was absolutely beautiful! Our church presented a musical this last week. Really sets the focus in the right place. Thanks so much for your post. Happy PD!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful experience for you to have gotten to hear that lovely choir sing! Great memories!

    I am hosting my weekly Homemaking Link-Up Weekend and would love to have you link your homemaking related posts, if you're interested!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the spirit, Nancy!!! I love the way you displayed your Mary's...and created the shrine. And I love how you attended Vespers in Austin....that has to certainly make you focus about the real reason for the season!! I have to say, I did get the main part of our house decorated (mainly for a progressive lunch I do each year with 3 other friends)..but it darned near killed me, as I had put it all off until after my sale..then I had to spend time shopping and decorating like a mad woman cuz our gr. baby is due any time. I am happy I worked so hard, because I do love looking at my decor, but it leaves me kinda in "shock" for awhile..well it leaves my old body in shock.

    Anyway, today I HAVE to mix with the crowds and put the finishing touches on my shopping, then get gifts wrapped. Actually, while this seems late to most, I'm really ahead of my normal schedule of saving gift wrapping til Christmas Eve. That's a real Bah Humbuger!

    Hope you had a great time at Bunco....and enjoy this very special week!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspirational post for the true Spirit of Christmas. Lovely photos as well...I bet the FlickerPhotographer would be honored that you used their photos in this special post. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the choice of your decorations this year. I attended a living nativity last Sunday, and it sure did bring me back to reality. It was in a barn and the children that attended touched my heart.
    Merry Christmas
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So warm,cozy and inviting...Thank you for sharing this season of joy and pink!HPS!

    ReplyDelete