Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Gold" Shrine

I've been wanting to share this and just today got some good pictures.  My husband made this shrine from all vintage elements so I'm posting this for him.  This beautiful old chalk ware statue of Our Lady of Lourdes stands atop a silver bowl.  The gold cabinet is a clock cabinet transformed with Krylon spray paint.
auswomDSCN7896    
He did such a wonderful job on this with the intention of listing it on Etsy but as you can see it's not there or in our antique store – The Roost.
auswomDSCN7900
I'm really attached to it and love the candles around it.  There is lightly tinted rose colored French water glass behind the statue and it casts a pink glow on the wall.
auswomDSCN7901
He used an antique perfume bottle with tiny dried roses.  I keep adding little things, too.  The tree made of pearls and gold wire.
auswomDSCN7899
The little white crosses and gold angels are from my collection of vintage religious articles. 
auswomDSCN7902
She's a comforting presence in our living room and welcome to stay forever.
I'm reposting this and joining Holly at 504 Main for the color "Gold" 12 Days Party.
xoxo Nancy –
The DIY Club

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. I would not wan to part with it either! Thanks for joining the party. This has been pinned so I cans hare it with everyone!

    ReplyDelete