Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sick Week

I have nothing of note to write about today but not posting anything on Pink Saturday makes me feel like  I left the oven on when I left the house or did I or did I not leave the camera on the seat of my unlocked car.  It keeps nagging at me that I haven't done anything.  On Sunday I talked to my bff Barbara and oh good gosh she sounded horrible – she was so sick.  When I said – "you know – I haven't even had a cold the past few years" I might as well have shared a meal with the infectious disease isolation wing at the county hospital.  I sooo jinxed myself.  It wasn't but two days and I came down with a horrible cold, then bronchitis and coughing and I have been sooo sick.  And when you're sick you just don't have much pink or Christmas in your life much less pictures of your no pink and no Christmas life. 
Last Sunday my grandson came over and helped bring our 15 year old Christmas tree downstairs.  It's one of those with the "lettered" branches…H's on the bottom…then G's and so on.
DSCN9606
Have I ever mentioned we are a family of idiots? We don't know our alphabet?
Of course they had to do a little Christmas treebowing!  Well, one full on tebow and one geriatric half tebow.  Google "tebowing" if you've never heard of it!
DSCN9610
I hear Tim Tebow is okay with the tebowing pics on the internet!  Anyway the tree finally shaped up right and we got it decorated -
DSCN5861
and that's as far as I got before I was stricken with this deadly virus.  Apparently I caught it from a phone call and I'm hoping I'm not infecting you guys Through. The. Computer.  Go warn all the Pink Saturday folks to stay away!  Merry– cough, cough, cough, Pink Saturday.   xoxo Nancy

8 comments:

  1. This was so funny! I've been sick myself this week, but I haven't had your sense of humor about it. The good laugh you've given me has made feel so much better. I don't think I've commented before, but I am one of your newer followers. Thanks for brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks beautiful and I hope you get better very soon. Happy Pink Saturday to you! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope you feel better real soon! Your tree looks absolutely beautiful - at least you were able to get that done! Take it easy and enjoy the Holidays! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better real soon! thanks for coming by my blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just knew something was going on in your life when I kept checking to see if you'd posted your PS post.

    Maaaaaaaan....I am so sorry you're sick. I've learned to not make those comments, cuz I had that same experience. I don't boast about my health....the good Lord has a way of saying "oh yeah...watch this" then bam! I'm sick or hurt or some body part quits working properly! Our girl has had "the crud" four times this fall. She's a new RN...and is apparently catching everything that comes her way. I do recall having that happen to me the first year I worked with pre-schoolers. Those little kiddos were laden with the wickedest of germs and they loved to share them with me!! That was the year I also caught 5th Disease from my daughter..a childhood illness that adults aren't supposed to get, but I did, cuz my immune system was so screwed up from the preschool buggers!! :)

    I do hope you get to feeling better very soon...I know you must be anxious to get back "out there" and stand in some more Christmas lines....I know I've really been enjoying doing that!!!! NOT! Actually, with the wee one expected at any moment, I have been hitting the stores this week like a woman possessed. I have most everything I'm gonna buy...and what I don't have isn't critical. I do have my Nana Bags packed....as we got texts on Wed. evening saying she was having regular contractions. Let me tell you...I quickly got "meself" organized!

    They lasted about 5 hrs and stopped...mercifully....he needs to stay in the hopper til after Christmas!! However, I'm sure that's not gonna happen...I really think he wants to see Santa!!!

    Your tree looks great!! I have one decorated and another in the works (the live one)...but that's all of done so far...cuz I've been shopping! :)

    Oh, and your Tebowers look awesome in that photo!! I think you need to make it into some Christmas cards!! I'm certain you could come up with the best caption!!!

    Thanks for the prayers for our family...and I'm praying that those germs leave your body so you can get with it!!!

    HPS!!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. That krep is going around. I have had it for 2 weeks! ugh So has the hubs. (Double ugh!)
    Your tree is farther along than mine is. -just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I am visiting you for the first time on Pink Saturday.

    I like your dogs. Beautiful.

    Please stop by my cottage too.

    monah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, As I was reading this post, I was laughing so hard, Bobby G. came into the room to see if I had lost it. :) You mentioned you would like a white tree or something similar. My "green" memory tree is in the kitchen and I sprayed it with Christmas "snow" for some white. I love the effect. You could try that. I sure hope you are on the mend now! Happy (way late) Pink Saturday. xo

    ReplyDelete