Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

 

Happy day after Thanksgiving.  Did you all fill up on turkey and fixins'? I gave all my food a grade yesterday – only the ice tea got an A.  Nothing tasted right to me. The turkey got a B- or high C – it was sort of tough even though it was cooked beautifully.

DSCN5491-1

We forgot the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes so  a low C and my cranberry salad didn't taste right so…B on it.  Today however the all the leftovers get an A.  Everything tasted superb!  Oh yes – I forgot – I made a banana pudding for my son and it got an A+ both days.  Gosh – I have no pictures and therefore you are getting this fascinating recap of my food!

The best part of yesterday? The Longhorns won the last Thanksgiving Day game against the Aggies as a parting gift as they whine their way to the SEC.  It was so sweet – they have to live with the loss for the next hundred years with NO chance of a rematch! Crybabies.  Once again the University of Texas tower glows burnt orange!

image

Let's see – oh yes – my Black Friday shopping consisted of window shopping online and going to Black Friday garage sales. I bought two lamps, two pottery barn tables and two turquoise slipper chairs.  So I spent the afternoon shampooing upholstery. 

I was on a decorating strike this fall. Totally depressing but I refused to go upstairs because after the wildfires we had a rat – maybe it was a mouse.  In any case we put out 4966 traps and caught one and only one so it looks like that was it but my phobia took hold and I wouldn't go upstairs to the storeroom alone.  The upside of being a chicken phobic insane person is that I have NO fall undecorating to do. Yea! 

Since I am linking up to Beverly's Pink Saturday today, here's a picture of  a tag I made. It need's a little more work but hey – it's Christmasy and it's pink!

 

DSCN9521

That's an oatmeal container next to it I use for a little waste basket for paper scraps so you can see it's pretty large. 

DSCN9520

If I don't get over this not going upstairs business it just may be my only Christmas decoration.  Won't it be so sad on Christmas morning when we're all gathered around this singing Oh Christmas Tag, Oh Christmas Tag.  Aren't you glad I post pictures most of the time for Pink Saturday instead of this drivel? 

Happy Black Friday! Now go visit Beverly! xoxo Nancy

11 comments:

  1. "Oh Christmas Tag, Oh Christmas Tag...." what a stitch!!! I am glad you nailed the mouse....but I would be fearful about entering that area, too, just incase there are a few really bright rodents up there who know not to nibble on mousetrap bait! :)

    I loved your Thanksgiving recap and grading system!! Your bird looked great! When I was getting ours ready to pop in the oven, the grand girl said to me: "did that bird used to walk?" I cracked up. Kids.....they are so funny.

    I actually would give our meal an A- overall score this year! Our turkey looked good and tasted good, too. It was a little dry, because I'm a firm believer in "cooking the crap out of it" to avoid any type of food born illness!!! :) Everything was great....even my mom's cranberry salad recipe turned out. ...and my homemade pies were really good...great crusts, too. Glad I took that $40.00 pie making class! :) The only thing that wasn't so perfect were the mashed potatoes. My hubby was in charge of that at the last minute and they turned out very stiff. No one said anything.....but they were danged stiff.

    The kids stayed from Wed. night until this evening. It was a great time....filled to the brim....but I am worn out. I have a sale next weekend and am really behind, so I will not be leaving the house for a few days. I just pray the new little arrival holds off til after my sale to make his appearance into this world. His mama is very, very uncomfortable. :(

    Loved your post...I probably won't put out as much Christmas decor. I love it, but I think my life is gonna be pretty crazy for the next few weeks...but in a good way.

    L, Dana

    HPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HPS!


    Looooooooooooove this tag and I hope you are going to frame it!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny!! Maybe the food didn't taste so great since you are the one who probably made it all. I love to cook, but it never tastes as good as when someones cooks for me.

    My turkey was done before my calculations and was a little dry as were the potatoes, but the flavor was good. We are too hard on ourselves!!

    I hope you get up to your storage room soon. The tag is mighty cute but you might miss having a tree!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tag, and you cute song. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy...you are so funny! I gave everything an A yesterday and I ate way too much of it! I'm with you on the mice. I have a cat to keep them away from here. I wish I had been with you at those garage sales. Pottery Barn tables and tow turquoise slipper chairs!!? Score! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't rate my cooking but since I can afford to buy and order I rate myself an F for being a foodie ;-)

    I rate you E for excellence and effort and energy.

    and now I go for G for goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like I might have prepared your Thanksgiving meal. That is why I do not cook much anymore, nothing turns out the way it should. I just enjoy what others prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a mouse a few years ago. I found it hiding under a seashell on my hearth. I screamed so loud it ran back out through the fireplace. I didn't use the fireplace for a month because I had mouse traps set in it. Fortunately, it never came back. I probably made it's eardrums explode. Happy Pink Saturday! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy! I can't thank you enough for the delightful surprise of opening your Christmas box to find your very expected fabulous tags. You are my paper crafting hero! Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!
    I wish you joyous holidays! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. It's my first time visiting!! I wanted to tell you how much I like your Christmas blog header....it is so adorable! I am having a giveaway on my blog and would love to see you enter!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete