Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Season Begins!

  If I didn’t avoid housework I’d never get any blogging done!  And I have sooo much work to do!  But…first things first and I need to finish decorating my blog and for your listening pleasure find some Christmas music so you, too, can get in the Christmas mood!DSC09857

On Saturday Jeff put the Christmas tree up while I washed Christmas linens.

DSC09853and ironed them too!  These adorable days of the week snowman towels didn’t even make it out of the closet last year.   This year is a whole different story.  Our house will be on the Heritage House Christmas Tour so it’s all out decorating this year.

DSC09855

Yesterday I decorated the living room tree and Jeff festooned the porch with garland.  By next week I’ll have all my decorating done!  That’s a big first for me to start and finish this early.  So today when I should have been cleaning and decorating I fiddled around on a swap project and if your name is Lisa and you’re swapping with me do NOT look at the pictures!

I started working on this last October just wishing I could send it to someone special.  So I signed up for Julie’s Vintage Ephemera Swap (my favorite) and found out that LisaLaughs is my partner.  Sometime things just go your way because we’ve been partners before and she is a precious girl. 

DSC09860

After finishing the front and filling the little drawers no one had cleaned my house so far so….

DSC09856

I decided to do the back also!  What fun finding tiny little treats.  Of course it’s not going to be there by the first like I wanted but – hey – something in my life has to be late!

And…..should you be in need of a dirty house to clean….mine is available!   xoxo

Nancy

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations for being on the home tour! That is quite an honor. I would be really nrevous having people walking through my home!!!

    I love the little house. Wonder what the treats are! ;-)

    Happy Holidays!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made an Advent calender? I am SO impressed! Cait and I were looking at them this weekend and some of them are crazy expensive. I'm so hoping to make it to the home tour. The Christmas stroll is this Saturday, are you coming up? Have a great week! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lisa is one lucky girl!
    I wish I could tour your home!
    Have you ever been on the tour before?
    How does that work? What if a nefarious character walks in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, wish I could visit your home...when it's "tour ready"! Of course, my home is in pretty much the same condition as yours, as I've done a whole bunch of other stuff since September and very little cleaning and decorating stuff! :) After this weekend...the decorations are coming out of hiding!

    I hope you take loads of photos of your decorated home!

    That Lisa is one extremely lucky swap partner to be on the receiving end of your talent!

    I just took a break..now it's back to the work room!

    Take care! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy! That is so pretty and IT IS special, lucky girl! I'm also late on getting out a swap, so you're not alone, and my house ALWAYS needs cleaned, with two springer spaniels, it's a given! I love your Thanksgiving table posting too and your grandson one, I'm behind on checkin' in on you! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy... you're inspiring me! not to do my housework of course... but to get cheery and jump into Christmas decorating with both feet!

    hugs. Dixie

    ps... come by and sign up for my 300th post giveaway!

    ReplyDelete