Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Moments of Grace

 

DSC09783It’s nice to be home for a plain old Thanksgiving this year.   Three years ago my sister died and I was planning a funeral for the day after so we just skipped Thanksgiving.  Last year my son got married on Thanksgiving Day and it was a wonderful celebration with family and friends but also had all the wedding preps going on so it’s nice to just be home….with my grandson asleep on the couch, a turkey thawing in the sink, another turkey who went to bed…no wait…that’s my husband. lol  He’s in charge of the turkey and plans an early start tomorrow morning.  My older son will be with his in-laws tomorrow and I’ll miss them but the younger son and his family will be here along with my brother who has aphasia after a stroke two years ago.  That alone makes for an interesting day!

 DSC09791

I’m looking forward to having leftovers tomorrow night while I’m watching the Longhorns whip up on the Aggies!

grace

I love the pie plate that I got and since I bought my pies at Sam’s this year this one was wide open for a job!  I love the message on it so I just made a picture out of it and that’s what I wish for you and yours!  Happy Thanksgiving. 

 image Nancy

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving sweet Nancy!

    I remember those wonderful wedding photos from last year..wow has it really been a whole year?!

    Time marches on doesn't it!

    Blessing to you:)

    Hugs,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving...and Happy 1st Anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Nancy! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful day. We'll be doing the same thing tonight - leftovers and Bevo! I can't believe it's been a year since I first saw your son's gorgeous wedding photos - I can't even remember how I stumbled across them, but I remember the photo of them "dancing in the moonlight" and your funny comment about your dil being a dancer but not the "pole" kind lol. Did you get my e-mail about the 12th? I'd love to come if our schedule allows, so shoot me the details. Have a wonderful day and HOOK 'EM! Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and all of your family have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy! I, too, remember the great wedding pictures...can it be a YEAR already? OMG, I AM getting old faster and faster! :)

    I feel really old today. I'm all tuckered out from the family TGiving celebration...and they're coming BACK tomorrow so we can go chop down our trees! Actually, I am so lucky to have my son and his family so near by and they ACTUALLY want to do stuff with us!! I'm just tired from cleaning, cooking and also trying to fit creating items to sell in my LAST (do you hear me yelling Praise the Lord?) sale of the year! It's next Fr and Sat and I'm faaaarrrr behind! However, it will be what it is....and I still have enough time to crank stuff out!

    I just know you had a great day with your family, Nancy. I hope the rest of your holiday season is just as wonderful. L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy... there's a lot to be said for having a plain old Thanksgiving! We had one... there were 23 people there... but it was still a fun and uneventful day... great food and wonderful family. I hope your day was wonderful and created a memory or two just for you. Hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete