Friday, February 22, 2013

Valentine Wrap Up

February just can’t make up it’s mind weather wise.  First it’s hot, then brutal winds from the south only to turn around with a cold blue norther.  Yesterday, a big huge heavy rainstorm moved in and I thought “finally”. Some good soaking much needed rain. Not to be – it only lasted 30 minutes, then the sun came out and washed away the rain and the itsy bitsy…….not really….I never saw the water spout but it did get sunny and warm.  This morning when we got up it was freezing cold and cloudy and now midday it’s freezing cold and sunny.  February is trying to act like March!  Meanwhile – I know half of the country is under a blanket of record snowfall.  I hope you are all staying warm and cozy and got a snow day from work or school.

Obviously I don’t have much to blog about today or you wouldn’t have gotten a weather report from me! I do have my last Valentine to share.  It’s sooo pretty and it’s from Grace at Pink In The City.

008
It was in the cutest pink bag.

006


Look how darling.  Grace lives in NYC and has access to places like Tinsel Trading Company. Jealous!!! Have you ever seen their website? They carry things like that gold foil vintage “to my Valentine”. I sort of live a vicarious life of a New Yorker through Grace!

007

Anyway – I love her Valentine and her glamorous pink life!!!  But now it’s time to pack up the Valentine decorations and look forward to spring and Easter.

004

Here are some little Bunnies I’m working on for an upcoming tag swap.  My mission this year, if I choose to accept it LOL, is to not buy anything for crafts. I’m trying to make embellishments and use what I’ve got.

We’ll see how that goes.

That’s it for me – I hope you’ll stop by Beverly’s Pink Saturday which I’m joining today.  Have a wonderful weekend.

xoxo Nancy

9 comments:

  1. I FINALLY got Grace's card in the mail just a bit ago! I'll add it to my post when I have a chance. It is just darling and well worth the wait. I can't believe it took 11 days to get here. I agree...she is so lucky to live where she can get those swell items from Tinsel Trading!!

    My PS post was all about the Snowmagedon we got yesterday! Wow..what a mess. Today it's sunny....cold..but sunny, so things melt a bit. Just heard it's gonna snow again on Sun. night. Don't want snow, but would rather have that than ice and we all need, need, need the moisture.

    Your blue bunnies are so cute.....will I see one soon? hmmmm? I HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE OF TAGS. OMG..I bought them YEARS ago at a garage sale..a whole stack for a dollar....didn't know what I would do with them, but I have hoarded them ever since and I'm soooo glad I did!! Mine will be simple because I am swamped with stuff in March, but I want to be part of the swap.

    I enjoyed your weather report. . . at least you didn't have to shovel anything like I did.

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy, Your Valentines and bunnies are very pretty and so cute. I like the blue bunnies. I like the idea of using what is on hand whenever possible for my art projects too. Have a great weekend. Joyous wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your bunnies are super cute! I tried that--- using what I have on hand. That lasted until I got a JoAnn's ad in the mail lol
    big hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Valentine looks like the one Beverly got. Both are very pretty. I love your little bunny tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue bunnies! That is rally nice glitter...is it Martha Stewart? I just put 7 little vials of glitter in the Easter Egg Carton swap package. I had bought loads of MS projects at Big Lots a few years back and am now destashing and gifting it!
    I'm really looking forward to the Easter tag swap because the size is so "do-able"...I'm not likely to get carried away with a three page project the way I did for Valentine! I hope the blue bunnies ar for the tags because I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love those sweet blue bunnies! I am trying to make tags but nothing so high tech yet! Thanks for sharing! I need to make bunnies for Easter! They are my favorites! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy, I too loved Grace's beautiful valentine. I did receive mine in time to post it over last weekend. They were worth waiting for and so pretty in pink.

    I liked your weather report. The weather is a big topic lately. HA! We are chilly with light rain. Damp too.

    Your bunnies are all so pretty. Love the glitter. I have been pulling out my bits of this and that too. I am pretty sure I will not have to shop this time. I am making my tags in the size you shared. Fun times.

    Happy weekend,
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy--I know what you mean about Spring. Even here in Southern California we've had very wet and cold days, then the sun will come out and it'd 75 and sunny, then rain again. I'm not complaining, we need the rain. But you just never know.
    Your card is adorable. I've been to Tinsel Trading Company many times, my daughter lives in NYC, so I always make a trip to TTC when we're visiting. Oh, to have access to that all the time!! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very artistic and creative.

    Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    My PINK
    Your comment is always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete