Friday, March 1, 2013

March Madness Begins

Not just basketball but my March schedule.

DSC00947_edited


I want to get my Easter decorations out but we’re tearing down the wall in the living room.

DSC00952_edited

So decorating will have to wait.  We’re going to expose the shiplap, whitewash it with a shade of aqua beneath the whitewash.  Those boards are petrified – they are over 100 years old. I think the lower hole is where there was a woodburning stove at one time.

001

 

Baseball begins in earnest and I want to make sure I go to some games since I have a baseball star as a grandson!

002

I’ve been working on invitations for one of the sweetest girls in the world.  I think I may start putting some invitations in my Etsy store.  Just for the pdf and let the customer have them printed since I really enjoy making them.

jkshower

 

and some St. Patricks Day things for a shower.

018

 

and this year Easter is in March.

DSC06429

Here in Texas the redbuds are starting to bloom so other than a few days of wacky weather, March and April are usually beautiful weather.  I hope this weekend brings some relief to those of you who have been hit with all that snow and ice.  Spring is close by! Meantime, stay in and visit with the Pink Saturday blogs! Enjoy your weekend.

xoxo Nancy

10 comments:

  1. Wow...that wood is awesome!! So..when you said you are tearing down a wall.....is the wall (of that wood) still gonna be there, or did you open up into another room? ( I had to look up "shiplap" that's a new term to me.) I'm all mixed up...been inhaling too much hot glue getting ready for my sale! ha ha!!

    How fun to have a baseball star to cheer for!! I loved it alllllll of the years our boy played ball. That was our life for many, many years.

    I don't know if I'll get many of any decorations out as I have a sale in a week, then the weekend before Easter (a flea markety/crafty sale....of which I have NO flea markety things to sell right at this moment. Guess that means I need to go shopping!! :)

    You are sooooo awesome with your graphic designs, Nancy!! I know you will do great selling them on etsy!!!

    Gotta head back to the C. Cave. I finally have my first batch of completed items for the sale....Lordy, this is a hard way to make a few dollars! :)

    HPS!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creations!

    My Pink
    Your comment will be greatly appreciated.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy! Oh, do I love those shamrock flowers! Why aren't there enough hours in the day for me to craft all the little lovelies I would love to craft? I am so thankful for the gift of Creativity from God - created in His image as a creative being! Just wish I could use it more for these fun little things. Presently, I'm being all over creative putting my Beatrix Potter curriculum together for a seven week homeschooling class for pre-schoolers I'm starting in two weeks!! But, that's work - I want to craft play! Will live vicariously through you today . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy,

    What great photos and post.
    I love your header

    Happy Saturday
    Bear Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would be so nice if the NE could ship us some snow so we could have some water, wouldn't it? Or are you where it has gotten some rain? How 'bout those windstorms recently. I'm in Central Texas.
    Enjoyed your post -lots of colorful items. Your linking photo drew me to take a peek.
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic wedding shower invite - great job!

    Popped in from Pink Saturday.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wood looks wonderful. The color you named sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    What great photos and post.
    Thanks so much for your comments on my Tablescape.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy, I am visiting late this week. Busy like crazy with my garden club meeting. Now that that is done I am loving some time on my computer again.

    We are having a wedding shower for my great niece who is getting married in May. It is set for Mar. 16th. My four sisters and I are doing it together. Fun times.

    I enjoyed the peak of your Easter decorations and understand why you are not decorating this year. Your new wall will look awesome and it is a lot of work.

    We did the baseball scene for so many years. Now, our grands all live away from us. We see them pretty often but sports etc is not in the picture. Good luck to your grandson's baseball season this year. I know you are proud of him.

    Love, Jeanne

    PS. I have all my supplies to start my tags. Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I found your blog at Beverly's Pink Saturday! Reading it felt like a nice visit with an interesting neighbor. Wonderful invitations too!

    ReplyDelete