Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine Exchange

Eight ladies in my Circle Journal group had a Valentine exchange. Each of us made a Valentine to mail to the other seven.  Honestly – I could do this every month!   I love each and every Valentine – each one showcasing individual talents.  Rather than give a long description of each one you can see for yourself why I love them so much! So without further ado I’ll show you pictures of the ones I received.


Dana’s Valentine had the most adorable pocket holding The Stone Rabbit and a little vintage heart.

dana1

 

Jeanne’s card has the prettiest vintage bits of lace, ribbon and buttons.

valentine exchange 001


 

Kathy has a teacup holding a heart shaped teabag made with her own hands and a little blessing note. It’s so very pretty on a paper doily…+ it smelled wonderful!

kathy1


LaVerne made this fabulous trifold card that I can’t even begin to capture how it folds and looks adorable from any angle!It should be on a rotating carousel!

lav3


Shelia used images that I love so much – old school Valentines and the cutest bluebirds all on a pink heart.

valentine exchange 002


My last card will be from Grace at Pink In The City and will probably arrive today.

Thanks so much to my dear, dear Circle Journal friends.  I love, love, love your gorgeous Valentines and all of you!

 

Here are the two versions that I made – 3 of the Scotty Dog and 4 of the Pink Marie version.  Word to the wise – make and exchange Valentines next year.  You will love doing it and enjoy them for years to come!

nr

I think if you follow the links I have above you will see what everyone made as we are sharing these today. That is the sorriest sentence structure! For better grammar and structure visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday.  Happy Valentine’s Day sweet blog friends.

xoxo Nancy

9 comments:

  1. HPS!! You are right, this has to be a "must do" experience for next year! I totally enjoyed making mine...but REALLY loved getting the others in the mail. Sadly, Grace's and Kathy's still didn't arrive today! Seriously!! The mail in the midwest must be the saddest in the nation! I don't "get" why Kathy and I mailed ours the same day....mine was First Class, hers Priority. Mine got to her...hers didn't get to me. No wonder our postal system is in a financial crisis....think it's time for it to be turned over to a private business.

    Anyway, I LOVE the card you made, Nancy, and will always cherish it...just as I do the one I received from you a couple of years ago! It's so great to see the different ideas and styles that our group comes up with!!

    Have a great weekend.....L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Valentines!!! So pretty!!!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me your sweet comment. Thanks so much for the information about DA....I will spending my weekend watching it.
    Thanks so much and have a great weekend!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy! Love your review of our Valentine adventure! Already looking to Easter - eh??? Really stinks that Dana didn't get mine or Grace's in time! What's up with that? Mailing much sooner than later next time, I daresay! Love my Marie from you - just hit the mark in so many ways - thank you!!!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy! Wasn't this the most fun? I love my card from you and hope you liked mine. I'm posting too about my Valentines too. Now I'm all fired up about doing Easter tags or cards. I'm so glad to get to be part of this group of talented ladies!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collection of valentine cards! Your scotty dogs and pink marie's are adorable. Lovely crafting!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...Valentine's Day cards are the coolest!I had such fun doing yours...the background paper is from our trip to Archivers when we were in Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nancy, Your post is perfectly awesome. You shared our valentines in the most 'beautiful' way. I want to thank you for the sweetest comment. I really do not consider myself to be much of a crafter but I am beginning to think I have developed a bit of a crafting talent because I am 'loving' these projects I have been doing. I added Grace's valentine this morning and it is lovely.

    I am so thankful to be feeling much better today. Our dtr. and two of our grands have been here since this past Thursday and I have not been well. They went skiing one day and we had snow yesterday so they have had a blast. They are Fl. kids and the snow was so much fun for them. They leave today and I am out of bed to be with them this morning. I 'never' get sick so they were so bummed. Me too, needless to say. Thank you for your get well wishes. It worked. HA!
    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy. You, my dear friend, coordinated the best Valentine's Day for our group. It was so much fun, and I love each work of art. I treasure the experience of knowing you all better, and each of you are a great teacher to me. Thank you for all you do and for being you.

    ReplyDelete