Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tagging Along With Pink Saturday

This year I've been tagging along with Elizabeth's Happy Homemaker group.  I'm making two tags each month.  One for me and one for my partner Scrap For Joy. My theme is a Year of Celebrations and for the month of August I'm celebrating PINK!  Perfect for Beverly's Pink Saturday.  Since August is about to be the end of me because of this Summer from Hell. I had this

      Bright Idea!!!      hatch

I decided to send some cooling positive pink vibrations to August.  I live in Austin and we send positive energy all over the place so why not see if it can bring us some cool vibrations. 

DSCN8529-1

The pinkest thing I could think of is Pink Flamingos.  As if they aren't flashy enough I've added a little bling to these girly flamingos. These fancy flamingo girls are just full of pink girly messages.  Just between you and me I'm thinking…

DSCN8501-1

Right Pink Sistahs???? Pink is all about Girl Power!!!  (With EXCEPTIONS of course! ahem)DSCN8502

I figure you can't have too much

joyedevivre

and because I'm ….

DSCN8527-1

I decided to do something different and cut my tag out of a transparent binder!

DSCN8516

The thing about pink is – it's almost a neutral.  It looks good with soo many other colors. Pink and red, pink and brown, and my absolute favorite color turquoise looks even more fab with pink.

DSCN8468

It's not just a color – it's an attitude, a mood and most of all it's fun and girly.  Because of Beverly's Pink Saturday I have met some of the coolest gals in Blogland.  So Put a little Pink in your life and…

DSCN8533

Look at those l.e.g.s…..

DSCN8511

So do you want to see my legs????????NoNONOO…How about my tags????

yes

Isn't she a happy pink Word Bird?

DSCN8524

Oops…come back here girl.  Always preening – she must be looking for her high heels.

DSCN8522

Thanks for "Tagging Along" for Pink Saturday.2011-08-04

DSCN8534

My good friend LaVerne is being featured for Pink Saturday – so head on over to Beverly's How Sweet The Sound.  Way to go LaVerne……2pinkflamengo take a bow girlfriend!!!

11 comments:

  1. Your tag is perfect! I love your "maflingos."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy Sweetie...
    What a wonderful pink share this evening. I love flamingos, they are so PINK and graceful. What beautiful and awesome tags you have made with these girls. Wouldn't you just love to have those long legs? I am only 5ft2 so I would certainly love them. A gal can dream right?

    Awesome job sweetie. You are so creative and talented. I am clapping for you, so please take a bow.

    Have a wonderful weekend sweet friend. Many country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, your creations are fabulous, fun & those legs are better than mine.

    Have a great PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun projects! Love your sense of humor...

    HPS!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna live closer to you SO BAD!! You are the most creative gal.....I love your flamingo tags and how BRILLIANT to put your designs on the transparent background!!!

    Your flamingo girls are just adorable.....and add so much fun to that project. I reallllllly love the little "edgy" touch in the corner. After the heat and the stock market and our "leaders"...well "edgy" just says it all.

    Hope your Pink Saturday is a great one...and hope you can keep cool. My friend told me yesterday that she had hear somewhere in Texas they were even having trouble making ice cuz the water coming out of the taps is lukewarm...true or false? I hope it's false..that's really bad.

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your tags!!! I'm in Austin two to three times a week. I LOVE IT!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to use that binder for a tag! What a creative mind you've got there!

    By the way, I was wondering if you could let me know the name of the font in your header - I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, my dear friend...you called it right when you said Summer From Hell...but your tags are pretty dang COOL! I'll sit and look at all the details again and again. You have a flamingo theme going this summer...hope you don't get "flocked"...Ha Ha Ha...sorry, guess the heat is making me stupid. Glad you like the book...I'll put your name in the hat...if you win it, nobody will believe it's a coincidence. Have a Pink week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink flamingo it just brightens up this hot summer we are having. I love the sayings and using a binder is brilliant. For those in Texas it is sad when everyone around here is hoping for a small hurricane to relieve us of this summer heat. Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, You are the Queen of all things wonderful and papery! I adore your tag this month and it's tie in to Pink Saturday as well. Flamingos - who doesn't love them! Wow! E

    ReplyDelete