Friday, August 19, 2011

Cupcake Love

Last Saturday as I was dreading/preparing to make cupcakes for LaVerne 's (Riverside Studios) party look what arrived out of the blue? Actually out of the pink!!!  came this package from my best friend I've never met…Dana of  The Stone Rabbit

DSCN8600

Dana, for those of you who have been on a desert island for the past few years, is that famous blogger from Missouri.  What you probably don't know about Dana is that Dana is a psychic.  I KNOW!  She had no idea that I would be baking cupcakes – heating up the kitchen when it's already 105 outside – yet she timed this package to arrive just in the nick of time!  This allowed me to have a total "cold" meal.  Tuna salad stuffed tomatoes and pasta salad. One of my friends has decided late in life that she is a vegetarian.  Really – try to wrap your head around that – she might as well have changed her gender preferences which wouldn't have involved menu changes. haha   But I digress – instead of our usual party chicken salad we had tuna!  Isn't this the cutest cupcake arrangement 5 pinks and fill in with chocolate.

DSCN8604

So…on Sunday we went to see The Help.  It is so good -  the clothes and hair and furniture is spot on and then came back to celebrate LaVerne's birthday.  She tried and tried to blow that candle out. 

DSCN8607

See?  She's still trying.  Whose husband conserves digital pictures like they're Ektachrome  film.  We're in our 60's – meaning you need to take at least 10 of the same shot on the off chance you might get a decent shot of everyone. 

image

So that's it for today.  Happy, happy birthday Dear LaVerne and thank you, thank you Dana for these nobake delicious pink cupcakes.  And warning to Jeff – if you eat one more pink cupcake you will turn into a girl – the last three are reserved for their intended purpose – stress eating – which I am right now – stressed!  Really stressed but I've got the solution for that!

xoxo Nancy

Now go see Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday without whom I'd have never met people like Dana and the rest of you fabulous bloggers!

9 comments:

  1. It looks like a good time was had by all and those pink cupcakes saved the day!! A big Happy Birthday to LaVerne! How did you like The Help? I read the book and would love to see the movie soon.

    Did you do something new with your page? It looks fabulous!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the kind of friend we all need. You were truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend in need is a friend indeed! Happy Birthday to LaVerne....your menu sounds delicious and I know a good time was had by all!
    HPS!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do think we are psychic or, as some might say about us, we're "touched in the head"! :)

    I'm glad those Pink cupcakes could be used as part of LaVerne's birthday celebration....and you tell that Jeff that the Hostess Man told me those pink cuppy cakes are definitely gender specific!!!

    I am pages away from finishing The Help...I have savored every chapter. It's one of the best books I've read in a very long time...I think some of us are going to see the movie next Friday. I know it will be wonderful!

    Happy Belated Birthday wishes to LaVerne and Happy Pink Saturday to you!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. Love your cupcakes. What a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the start of my day with your wit. Stone Rabbit is also witty and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how perfect! Pink cupcakes! Pinkim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fabulous, fun day! I also saw "the help" last weekend and loved it! :) p.s. The cupcakes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very cute!! Happy Belated PS :)) and special birthday wishes for Laverne!

    xo
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete