Thursday, May 26, 2011

Our Lady of Lourdes

I've been wanting to share this and just today got some good pictures.  My husband made this shrine from all vintage elements.  This beautiful old chalkware statue of Our Lady of Lourdes stands atop a silver bowl.  The gold cabinet is a clock cabinet.

auswomDSCN7896    

He did such a wonderful job on this with the intention of listing it on Etsy but as you can see it's not there or in our antique store – The Roost.

auswomDSCN7900

I'm really attached to it and love the candles around it.  There is lightly tinted rose colored French water glass behind the statue and it casts a pink glow on the wall.

auswomDSCN7901

He used an antique perfume bottle with tiny dried roses.  I keep adding little things, too.  The tree made of pearls and wire.

auswomDSCN7899

The little white crosses and gold angels are from my collection of vintage religious articles. 

auswomDSCN7902

She's a comforting presence in our living room and welcome to stay forever.

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

xoxo Nancy – remembering those affected by the deadly tornados in our Heartland.

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, it took my breath away! Of course you couldn't sell it! Just lovely!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to recycle! I'd keep it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is very pretty and it goes along with my thoughts on Hope.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous...I can see why you're keeping her to live in your home. I'm not at all religious, but I do adore religious icons...this has to be one of the most beautiful I've seen.
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I would never let that amazing creation leave my home! Jeff did a wonderful job making that shrine. . . I love the use of the old clock cabinet as the frame and how you added the vintage items to his project. You two are a great pair in this antiquing business!!! What a peaceful corner that must create in your home.

    Yes, we have to keep the tornado victims in our hearts and prayers. . . they continue to suffer so much.

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely stunning piece you and your hubby have created. I wouldn't sell it either! OOAK!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for adding my wedding party button to your sidebar to help spread the word about the party on the 10th!! You are a sweetheart. My followers list is MIA right now along with many other of bloggers problems, but hopefully it will be back soon. If you plan on doing a post on party day just let me know and I'll be happy to add your name to my sidebar participant's list!! How fun to be working on a June wedding display for your store!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. What a gorgeous shrine. I can see why you are keeping at your house.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and imaginative! Jennifer Grenko

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's gorgeous. I wouldn't sell it either. She looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete