Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Diaz de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo
For our Happy Homemaker TagAlong I'm celebrating Cinco de Mayo.  Cinco has come and gone and here it is diaz and I just did my tag this morning – I still need to make my second tag for Scrap For Joy.  Soooo – since I'm half done and today is overcast making it really hard to get a good picture I'll just post some hazy pictures and maybe do a little tutorial later this week.  Es bueno??? Okey dokee!
Even though the tag elements are brighter than the pics I see a lot of thing that need improvement:
1. Ink the edges of the blue glitter banner  2. Add some yellow streamers

DSCN7731    
3. Put a little confetti on  the M A and Y
DSCN7730
This is the one thing I really like about this tag…the tiny ruffle on the bottom. It's a Mary Engelbreit cupcake liner trimmed to fit – I like the way it picks up the dark "May" header at the top of the tag.
DSCN7723
The dancers are little tag type things I picked up at a garage sale – I got a bunch of them for 50 cents.
DSCN7729
I wish I had some music note confetti – I think that would be cute glued all over the tag but alas – our host Elizabeth at Bluebird Papercrafts has challenged us to buy supplies only once so unless I run across some in my craftroom chaos I'm out of luck!
I'm hoping more of the bloggers who signed up for the TagAlong will continue.  I've noticed several people don't have partners so why don't you contact someone who doesn't and pair up?  I am so lucky to have the super talented Joyce at  Scrap For Joy  for my partner.  Elizabeth is still our leader in this year long venture and even though she's not making tags she is busy with some new and exciting craft endeavors that I can't wait to see!
Hasta luego!  Nancy

12 comments:

  1. cute tag...
    you made some good use of other stuff :D love the colors, so bright
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so festive and colorful I love it, lots of thought went into it I can see. Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is so bright and cheerful! Just what this still-waiting-for-spring-Oregon needs :) Thanks for your blogging tips. I finally got it straightened out. I think my problem was with Shabby Blogs. They changed the HTML for my background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nancy,


    Well...I came here looking for food and fiesta...did I miss it? :o)


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable!!!! You could have taken an marker and made some musical notes, but it great the way it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tag!!! Honestly, you have the most creative mind!!! I love every bit of it....so awesome. I love the the look of the serape-like background with the combo of the M A and Y , flags, yarn and Cinco de Mayo beneath it. What a darling ruffle, too. The dancers were a great g. sale buy!

    I haven't been to a single g. sale this year....yet!!! The cost of gas...and my gas guzzler has put a damper on that fun pass time! I do need to make it a point to keep my eyes out for signs as I'm heading other spots, however. I love to find little treasures like you just shared!

    It's still warm here today (but in the 80s and not the 90s!!) and it's rainy. I worked in my disgusting basement storage room yesterday...cuz it's a mess and cuz it was cool down there! I finally got my Christmas stuff put away! OMG...I am really getting BAD in my old age!

    Hope you have a terrific and creative day! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great tag! I love the Mary Engelbreit ruffle, also. What a great touch!
    Fondly
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Cinco De Mayo love the colors and the festive feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muy bueno!! I love your tag. I have some cute cupcake liners. I'm on a diet. I think I'll put them on my craft table!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every month I hope and hope individuals will continue to make their tags for the enjoyment that will surely come from seeing 12 completed at the end of the year. Yours I most especially can't wait to see. No disappointment to be found here! Truly there is a party going on! Thank you so much Nancy for tagging along! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. your tag makes me want to put on my sombrero and dance! I love it! I need to get mine finished and posted too!

    ReplyDelete