Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Homemaker March Tag

Fellow taggers!!! and tagger followers….it's March and it's almost Spring!  That's something to celebrate for sure and  that is what I'm celebrating for my Year of Celebration.  Looks like I'm making a set with a "month" heading for each tag.  Have you ever seen the wonderful months of the year frames from – shoot I can't remember Exposures - that great online photo company from ages ago.***   Anyway…I start with a springy blue polka dot paper and some vintage wallpaper and a few ruffles and flourishes.

DSCN7003

Then I added some tree branches and with some pink buds just waiting to bloom.   Looking good but it needs more???

DSCN7001

Hmmm…what could that be? Butterflies???

march tag 1
Online Photo Editor 
  Maybe a big flower???  Words??? 

DSCN7004a

 

Wait a minute – someone is trying to tell me something…

March tag 2
Online Photo Editor

Of course the perfect harbinger of spring…a bluebird!!! one for me….

DSCN7006

and one for my partner Scrap for Joy.

 DSCN7007

I pieced these little blue (and green) birds from scraps and bits and pieces lying on my table.  I hope spring comes to your town soon. 

A lucky group of us are in this year long tag swap hosted by one of the most talented ladies you'll ever meet…Elizabeth at Bluebird Papercrafts.   We are all chronicling  our little artistic adventure  on our Happy Homemaker website.  Go visit right here.  Thanks for stopping and I'll see you in April!

xoxo Nancy

*** The frames I always wanted back in the '80s

On sale for $220!!!  They were that much back in the '80s! at  Exposures

OR

http://bham.craigslist.org/bab/2246523784.html

Here's a deal for someone if you live in Birmingham, Alabama!  $30!!!  I wish I did!

image

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

 

 

13 comments:

  1. hey chickadee!!
    hmmm that bird looks really familiar?! Is that the bird from that spring clothes line swap I hosted?? I just love what you have created! Big hugs

    toodles-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. One and the same! I made one for your clothes line swap! Do you still have him? Did he fly to LA with you? Miss you! xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIGH! Nancy, You have perfectly captured Spring with your beautiful tag. Did you tell us where you got your wonderful month banners? I think they set off your tags perfectly. If you don't mind, I am advertising this month's tag along with your tag. It is just so special, and so are you! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love all of the artistic additions that you made to the bird. A very special tag for sure...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute Nancy. I love your little "videos" too! Lucky Joyce to be swapping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tag. You really have some great creative juices flowing. I do look forward to Spring and April when I can see your next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the video and music it just sets the mood for spring so well. Love the birds too. Happy Spring to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this sooooo cute the bird is adorable did you cut her out yourself? the face is wonderful...
    lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully Spring! I love the paper piecing idea. Your music makes me want to stroll around your blog more and more. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "and the moon up above, and a thing called love..." Beautiful tag! I'm so glad spring is almost here...

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute, like all those glittering additons and trims

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most adorable tag - I just love the surprises! YOu are so talented and I love all that you do. It's such fun to see everyone's tags! Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this tag puts a sweet tweet in my heart!

    I have organized a spring swap and linky party. If you are interested the details are on today's post.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete