Monday, March 21, 2011

Vintage French Newspapers

What have I been doing lately, you ask?  Okay you didn't but I'm telling you anyway.  I've been working on our antique store The Roost.  I just realized that I never really talk about it on my blog!  I did some succulent gardens in vintage containers last weekend. ( Those are gorgeous French Crochet bed or tablecloths in the chairs)

vintage french crochet tablecloth

I love how they turned out.  A vintage silver serving dish with an old crumb tray to embellish it.

succulents and silver $35

These are some of the religious things that I've started taking there.  St. Theresa statue, some holy water fonts and a beautiful Infant of Prague statue.  Notice how I've blurred the background?  There's a manly vintage sign place across the aisle.  She looked like St Teresa patron saint of motor oil. lol   Next time I'll hold up one of those French tablecloths!

St Teresa Statue $40These Vintage French Newspapers sell so fast it's unbelievable.  Last night they were gone out of my Etsy store, The Vintage Roost,  an hour after I listed them. 

Vintage French Newspapers $12 Fortunately I still have a few more.

vintage french newspapers $12

I absolutely adore these little clothespins.  They're tiny little things and are old, old and brand new at the same time…old store stock.  Actually, they're probably old factory stock made to include with doll clothes for the Ginny Dolls.

vintage red plastic clothespins

Anyway, I've packaged them in packages of 10 with the cutest vintage picture of a little girl hanging out her doll clothes.

Ginny doll clothes pins

They'll hold paper to a line or string and I think I'm going to make a spring banner with these holding each letter.  They would be so cute  holding the grandkids artwork, too.  Hmm….that might be a ready made banner!

So that's what I've been up to – what's new in your neck of the woods????  xoxo Nancy

5 comments:

  1. Your vintage plastic doll clothespins are divine!! I'm going to have visit your Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful things. I love how you have packaged the clothespins. That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

    Could you let me know how much the Infant of Prague is selling for?

    Fondly,
    Suz
    reane002@umn.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh You are just the person I need to speak with! Would you like TSG Birthday Set. They are truly the cutest things I have made! I do hope the Homemaker group will continue without me. I appreciate all you have inspired, and hope this might be the items you would like to have. Let me know! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! I'm so glad you were impressed with my amazing moon shots!! :) You should have seen me blasting in and out of the house...trying not to wake the sleeping husband or let the cats slip out while scrambling for cameras....it was PITCH dark cept for that magnificent moon!

    Wow! Your booth looks great! Smack me on my typing fingers, but I am not a French fan. HOWEVER..I'm so glad you're doing so well selling the French papers and other items. However, I DO ADORE those little dolly clothes pins!! And I love how you planted those silver bowls! Has your antique store had their Spring Open House, yet?

    Gotta get busy....working on taxes today.:( It was great to take a break and visit YOU! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I loved Ginny dolls! I just visited your Roost Store Blog. Wish I were in Austin right now. I'd go there in person! Your things are beautifully special!

    ReplyDelete