Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rooster Chairs

I have something to crow about....I just bought these fabulous chairs on Craigs. I love you, Craig. I know, I wasn't going to buy any more roosters but these chairs were irresistable!
The table is really beautiful but it will go in The Roost to sell. It was all about the chairs for me!


I bought this Nancy Noel print about 25 years ago and my husband made this frame out of some great hole-y or holy or both old wood.

I'll have to get a better picture of this my butler rooster later. I saw his twin in a coffee kiosk in San Antonio and ordered him from New Jersey. This was before these things were in Tues AM and Marshalls so I paid way too much for him. He's part of the family now even though I've never had a good place for him in this house.
Maybe I should use him for display at the store. He would look great with these awnings that are going there. Thank you again, Craig.



Do you guys shop on Craigs List? Austin is CL heaven but I've looked at other places that just aren't that good. If you never have looked before - WARNING!!! it can be addicting and then you have to get an antique space! Have a great week. xoxo Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great find. I agree, the Austin CL is really good, but have you ever noticed how everything seems to be in far South Austin? Whenever my husband calls about something, the first question he asks is "ok, where off of Manchaca rd are you" lol! I love those awnings too. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chairs are really, really cute. But I absolutely love that Nancy Noel print. Been a huge fan of her works for ages and that print is stunning. And great minds think alike cause I have that same little cherry box (that the cute rooster is holding). :D

    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new chairs, you gotta love Craig's list : ) I have found treasures on there before, and yes they can be addicting. Enjoy your new find : )
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rooster chairs! They re so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT THE CHAIRS!!!!!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooo cool, i am going to be on the outloook.
    Have fun as always!
    kelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    Just wondering if you could tell me how much you paid and I'm curious if you know who makes these. Just got a set and can't find any info.

    Thanks so much!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete