Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hard Core Thrifting

Want to see how my best pal Barbara and I started out the New Year??? We went thrifting. To a place where all the Goodwill Stores send their junk/stuff/treasures that didn't sell in a Goodwill store....
Yep - the Goodwill Outlet Store. Everything is dumped into giant waist high bins. The pickers have to stand behind a line until they roll out an entire row of these bins about 75 feet long. When they open the aisle it's a mad rush - sort of vulture-ish! The real hardcore pickers wear gloves since an encounter with broken glass is a real possibility.
I don't get into the rush...I just mosey down the picked over aisles....
and if you're lucky you can score a pink Christmas tree or some forsythia stems or a new bestseller. Has anyone else ever seen a Goodwill outlet store? I found this one just by chance...I don't think it's advertised or many people know about it. So now the secrets out - but I just had to share this with all my blog buddies! xoxo Nancy
P.S. Take your gloves!!!

4 comments:

  1. Where is this place? I assume it's in Austin? Inquiring minds want to know lol. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adventure is always a great way to start a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This woul;d be a blast.I didn't know there were such places.How fun.i'll have to ck here.thank you...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOh I will have to look into that to see if there is one in my area! good tip Nancy! Heard you all have been having some nice warm weather down there...care to blow some up my way?
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete