Friday, August 2, 2013

F is for Fair

ABC Stacking Box Image_0017

 

Fair…that’s how I’m doing since my second knee surgery this summer.  I thought I was a total homebody/hermit but I’ve discovered….ummm….not so much.  I’ve done nothing since June 7th.  If I didn’t have doctor appointments I’d totally have no social life! So I’ve been feeling rather……

profile 011

(If I’m feeling blue I figure it might as well be turquoise since it’s my fave  shade of blue) filling my time with important things like taking pictures of myself.  (Actually I was uploading a picture to Eye Buy Direct to virtually try on glasses).  Since it’s time for Pink Saturday I thought I’d  see what I could come up with to join up with Beverly at How Sweet The Sound.  Here are some pages for an upcoming Itty Bitty Book I’m working on.

I had to add some pink, naturally.  The theme is “Mermaids” and there should be about 20 pages to it shaped like a shell. 

Unable to go to Michael’s or Hobby Lobby I had to use all the bits of this and that I had laying around.  Aren’t those two little mermaids playing ball with a jewel just the cutest?  But a tiny page will only hold so much in the way of toomuchtimeonmyhands so I worked on pages for a second book for the IBB club….”Owls”.

 

 

Each little part of the “heart” owls is computer generated right down to the flirty little eyelashes.  Truly, you can never have too many dingbats in your collection. I used to feel that way about dishes but realized that storage space eventually reaches a limit!

And then there are days that I never get online. Seriously! And I missed two important birthdays last week.  So here’s a belated birthday wish to Dana at The Stone Rabbit and to Beverly our Pink hostess!  Both of you ladies have been an….

DSC05023

 

to me!  Now I must go and finish another book I’m writing….

bitch.

9 comments:

  1. OK.....that last part just made me laugh like a hyena! (**True confession: I've never in my life had to spell hyena so I had to look that up!!! Auto correct didn't help.) Anyway....I did laugh like crazy!! You obviously haven't lost your amazing sense of humor!! Love you for that!!!

    I'm sorry you are still homebound.....but it looks like you are being so creatively productive!! I love your mermaid and owl pages!!!

    OOOOH..show us some pictures of what you look like in virtural glasses... that's a great idea. I need to get new ones....I can hardly see!! Well..it's not THAT bad, but I need to upped in the strength dept!

    Thanks for the BD wishes....and I'm so excited about how that book turns out!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!! You stole my heart with these mermaids!!! I am in pure love!!!! I am sorry you are feeling blue... but then again.. would you have done the mermaids?? No.. I am nurse.. knee surgery is ZERO fun.. I am glad you are feeling better.. you will be out and about in no time!
    Have a great weekend!
    Smiles~
    Cat @ Gypsea Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you've been keeping busy - those mermaid pages are adorable! I hope your recovery is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tiny pages are really cute. I admire someone that can make such beautiful small book. Hope you have a speedy recovery. My husband had both knees replaced in the past few years so I know what you are going through and it isn't fun. But things do get better.

    Happy Pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Such a cute post! Being a home body is great - until you WANT to go somewhere and cant just trot out the door... Best wishes for continued recovery. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your surgery and all that went with it. Bad luck. I hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mermaids are adorable! And, yes, playing catch with gems is perfect! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy, Thank you so much for your sympathy and kind comment about my cousin Marilyn. We were so close and I am so sad right now. We leave this Thurs. for Michigan to attend her memorial.

    I am late with my Pink Sat. visits and I am so glad I came over today. First, I had had both of my knees replaced and I know the pain of the therapy so well. However, do all you can to get your range of motion back. You gotta be tough!!! It took nearly a year to completely recover but I do not have pain at all. The range of motion is never the same though. Actually, if it was 100% it would harm the mechanics of the new knees. So I was told anyway. Thinking of you and wishing you a good recovery.

    Your little books are adorable and so clever. One thing you have is time right now so have fun creating! The mermaids are so sweet. I heard that owls are the latest thing again. Love your self portrait photo. Smile.

    Now keep bending that knee. Hint...ice packs was a great pain re-leaver for me.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that you are feeling better my friend! Love your sweet mermaid books - just darling!

    Enjoy your down time and CREATE away!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete