Friday, July 5, 2013

Brace Yourself

Just once I’d like to have a simple total knee replacement.  Six years ago I had my right knee done and two days before I broke two toes on the opposite leg. I won’t go into a whole diatribe about how miserable that was because I have a whole new list of things to gripe about.  So three weeks ago I had my left knee operation – six days after that during physical therapy I heard a loud POP which the therapist seemed to think it was nothing serious. HA…turns out after a lot of grief and pain and MRI’s the quadricep tendon had torn. That meant that I had to have major surgery again two days ago.  Forget knee rehab for now – I’m unable to even think about doing that for I don’t know how long.  I’m in a locking brace for at least six weeks and absolutely cannot bend my knee or it will tear again.

 brace

So as I said – brace yourself. I’m changing the name of this blog to My Crabby Little Page because that’s what I am.  CRABBY, crappy….and that’s what I’ll be doing on here for a while. Crabbing.  And don’t go nominating me for Inspirational and Positive Attitude Blog of The Year because I just won’t accept.  If you are looking for a place to gripe you’ve come to the right place…tell me your tale of woe in the comments because – hey – misery loves company.  I’m joining Beverly’s Pink Saturday  even though it’s hard to be cranky when Pink is involved!

xoxo Miserable Self Pitying Nan

6 comments:

  1. Hey...I see those pink toenails..Happy Pink Sat to you, my dear heart.
    I am so sorry all this STUFF is happening to you...wish I had some magical words to make you feel better...I AM very impressed that you even WANTED to join Pink Sat. today....love your grit.
    I also like Austin..Craigslist..YaYa Sisterhood...
    and The Shining ...well,, I've lost count how many times I've seen it. So, if I ever come to Austin again, and YOU are able to "get around",
    maybe we can catch a burger and a glass of wine, go see a movie together and if all else fails, we can scout around on Craigslist..:))
    sure do hope you feel better soon...
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. So terribly sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    So sorry to hear of your second surgery. Crab away - do whatever works/helps. And I hope you have a speedy recovery!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could be your twin crab today but I whine on Facebook. I hope you heal quickly and that your spirits eventually are no longer steamed... BTW steamed crabs are rather quite tasty...

    Valrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I typed a big ol comment on my iPad the other day, but couldn't get it to publish. . .then my life got nuts and I haven't had much computery time!!

    Well......you know how terrible I feel about all of this pain and suffering you are going through. I can't IMAGINE having to keep my leg stabilized for so long. . .then to have to start over with that rehab on your knee surgery. OMG, Nancy, you are one strong woman. . .that's all I can say! You have every reason to be Miserable Self Pitying Nan!!

    So. . .while I am feeling so sorry for you I have to say I laughed out loud when I read the part about you breaking two toes on the foot of that very sad leg six years ago right before you had knee replacement surgery on the opposite leg! OMG....Girl, you don't make things easy on yourself, do you?? How on earth did you get around with broken toes on the left foot and a new knee on the right side?

    I hope you did manage to have a good 4th ! Ours was crazy busy, but it was fun cept our son was sick and couldn't join in the parade and picnic fun.

    Is is hot in Texas? We're finally getting our HOT temps in MO. Near 100 today and nearer 100 tomorrow. Ugh. We've been spoiled this year with awesome weather. . .so I guess I don't have too much room to gripe!!

    It's late and I'm tired. . .so I'll say Good Nite!! Hope each day is better for you Crabby Nan. . . L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone is entitled to complain once and awhile and you have a few good reasons!! Sending prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete