Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Fall Y’all

It’s begun….yep, the new themes for Pink Saturday is a sure sign that the holidays are just around the corner.  And starting today we have a choice of a theme or pink or both.  And for the first time in two years I’m decorating for fall.   Before that  here’s a little peek of my pages for the “Itty Bitty Book” club!

fall 2012 004
The theme for this book is “Black and Orange”.  I’ve got this huge roll of vintage coat check tickets so that’s what I used for my pages.  Is that cute little girl checking her check coat? hahaha I was going to do something clever with a play on words but instead just ended up with coat check.

Next up…just a little vignette of some fall things.

fall 2012 008
The little Demdaco girl is called “Lavender Grace” and was a gift from my sister-in-law. It looks so pretty with the Jim Shore pumpkins.

fall 2012 007
For now I’ve put more pumpkins in my giant cloche.

fall 2012 009
And what’s that laying next to it? Why it’s a picture of my two Brandons on Senior Night at the Raider football game.

fall 2012 012
The scruffy guy on the left is my son and that buff fellow on the right is my grandson.  And speaking of cute grandsons…look who joined us for a quick supper last night before baseball practice.

fall 2012 001
My other cute grandson Q all dressed in Pink! He had on pink socks the same color! That’s the heighth  of 8th grade fashion! I love the kids going pink for October Breast Cancer Awareness.

Have you guys been by Beverly’s Pink Saturday  yet.  Her porch is sooo pretty dressed up for fall.  She’s given me incentive to get my own cleaned up and decorated.

We’re expecting a cold front tomorrow. I know! Can you believe it? It’s finally going to start cooling off.  I’ll be right here watching the Longhorns and checking out some Pink Saturday blogs. 

Happy fall y’all and happy Pink Saturday! xoxo Longhorn Nan!

9 comments:

  1. My nephew's soccer team is called the Pink Socks -- and they wear them! :)
    Happy Pink Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fall pieces and hansom boys, now that's a good way to start off fall. Thx for sharing.

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall displays. So nice! Happy PS!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the itty bitty book club??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vignettes and your handsome fellas !
    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone can wear anything this day and time. I gave my daughter-in-law a pumpkin just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love anything Jim Shore, but your pumpkin caught my eye.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Jim Shore pumpkins! I used to work at a Hallmark that carried Jim Shore and would admire them there -- just never got the pumpkins! I did get his first Nativity though! And the Willow Tree is so sweet (I've got some of those too! Spent my earnings!!) I'm in Texas too and, yes, it's rather chilly today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute kiddos - big and small - all handsome too. I was wondering why 2 Brandons! Got it. Love the fall decorations. I was admiring your Jim Shore pumpkin (love it) when I remembered!!!!!!! I have a cornucopia by Shore ... got it last Christmas. I had forgotten. I don't put fall stuff out that often but I better get it out before December hits us! And, it's coming up fast by the way time is flying. Love your cloche and pumpkins too. Cute pages and sweet Lavender Grace. Hey, Longhorn? Are you a UT fan? Seems I recall reading that somewhere before . . . Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete