Thursday, May 10, 2012

Be Kind To Others

It’s raining today and rain is always welcome. It doesn’t make for taking a good indoor Pink Saturday picture, however.  I finally put my watercolor prints that I bought from my favorite artist – Katie Daisy – in a frame.  I need to have a new mat made but for now at least they are out of the envelope.
DSCN0735-002
I sort of like this shot – it looks sort of ethereal.  I found her work here at The Wheatfield.
 DSCN0734a    
Another dim shot.
DSCN0738

and yet another!
DSCN0735-001
I was working on the blogger template yesterday and thought I’d try one of their new templates. I used part of a picture for my background and header. When I tried to reinstall my stretch minima template it wouldn’t work!  So now I guess this is it from now on.  I love the background but was hoping to use the other template. I’d just installed a new feature in the comments so you can comment on someone elses comment. I love that feature.

DSCN0736
Anyway the background of my blog is a truer color of my three prints than these pictures.

So is anyone going to see Dark Shadows this weekend.  I just looked at the old soap premier episode from 1966 and realized I had all those hairstyles. I have to find some pictures of that!
I forgot about this Sunday being Mother’s Day until I received an email from Beverly at How Sweet The Sound just now! Soooo….
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day all you mothers. Well that didn’t sound right.  Have a wonderful day to my blogging friends who are blessed with motherhood.  Is that  better?  I still love my post I did a few years ago so here’s a link to that tribute.
xoxo Nancy
Okay - so you don't have to wait any longer I'm adding the picture....just shoot me - no  wait shoot her, Victoria.

17 comments:

  1. Hi nancy,
    I can't wait to see dark Shadows- and those Hair Pictures you've promised! Have a lovely weekend and MD!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your new blog! http://sparklemining.blogspot.com/ xo Nancy

      Delete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy. I love your prints - and I like your photos, too.

    I'll be waiting to see those hairstyle photos. No Dark Shadows for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day and Pink Saturday Nancy! I love your print..even with a dim shot it looks good!
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prints looks amazing...even in the dimness! :) I love your new blogger header,too!! Although, it didn't come up on my computer until I clicked a cute little ? mark that was in the center of the blank area....then presto...there it was! You're such a techy chick!!

    YES to Dark Shadows. Bonnie and I are going to see it....not this weekend...maybe one day next week.

    I too will be anxious to see your ancient hair dos. I also sported some of those looks!! :)

    Just returned from the orthopedist. No fracture in my heel...just he Plantar Fascitiis caused by a nasty looking heel spur. Those things are GROSS when you see them on the xray. I knew I had one.....found that out 20 years ago the first time I had the foot pain. He said I can keep on exercising....just adjust it when the pain flares up. Didn't tell him that's what I do anyway.... :) Just relieved to know that there is no fracture. We have a run on Sunday morning...then a visit to our son's church where the little gr. boy will be "presented" to the congregation. His nana's face will probably still be beet red from the 5K...but he won't remember that, will he? :)

    Happy Mother's Day, Nancy!!! That family of yours had better give you the royal treatment!

    L, dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay - just for you and Beverly my fabulous updo is there now. :) N

      Delete
  5. I like your new look! And Girl! I love what you did for Dana the white rabbit lady. She is going to love this! I am afraid to enter any of those. What if I didn't do it right...What is the recipient hated it...etc!

    My 3 year old always begged to watch The Dark Shadow soap I was always afraid it would skew her personality, tho, so neither of us got to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your new look! And Girl! I love what you did for Dana the white rabbit lady. She is going to love this! I am afraid to enter any of those. What if I didn't do it right...What is the recipient hated it...etc!

    My 3 year old always begged to watch The Dark Shadow soap I was always afraid it would skew her personality, tho, so neither of us got to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like and have several pieces of art work. I really like these that you have and the way you framed them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your prints look great. I really love your clock too. Happy Mother's Day!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous pink you have this week!

    My PINK, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Wonderful framed art and vignette. Your blog looks great..clean lines. I'm afraid to mess with mine..LOL..probably go to black or some other disastrous effect. I loved the old Dark Shadows. Would come home from school just in time to see it. Don't think I'll make the extra trip to see the remake on the big screen tho. Maybe on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your frame! Happy Mother's Day!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy PS and MD!!
    Bring out the photos!!!
    Love your prints!
    Smiles~
    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I love your sense of humor and the HAIR is to die for! All you pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a head 'o hair you had!!! Love it!!! Was that all yours? I remember I had a "fall". . .did you have one of those? I got pretty good at making a "bun" out of it so it sorta looked like I had think hair and not the fine stuff that's really mine! :)

    Thanks for posting that!! I started to watch the utube of Dark Shadows, but GLEE came on and I need to watch it! ha ha. I will return and watch it all when I'm not distracted. I recall watching that show. . . I don't think say it regularly though...but I did enjoy it!

    Are you a GLEE fan? I'm sad they are "graduating"! :)

    ReplyDelete