Thursday, May 3, 2012

Five Things About Me

This year I ‘m part of a Circle Journal book club with nine other bloggers.  Each month we do a two page layout in one of the journals and then send it on to the next person.  In March I worked in Dana’s book. You know… everyone’s favorite blogger…Dana of The Stone Rabbit .  Dana’s journal is Knowing Me Knowing You and she asked us to do a two page layout of five words to describe something about ourselves.  Here’s my layout.

DSCN0384

Can you guess my words? The little card is one word. 

DSCN0388

The house is another.  Those little birds are a vintage barrette from the ‘50s.   This has nothing to do with my words but Dana and I are practically twins. True.  Except for her being thin and I’m not and she’s in tip top shape and a runner…and I am really really on the opposite end of that and she’s from Missouri and– oh never mind.  We were born just months apart and I’m a huge fan of hers and consider her a good friend even though we’ve never met in person.  She makes me laugh and don’t you love friends who do that?  Anyway – #2 - The House means?????

DSCN0380

See the ticket and buttons? That’s not anything…just there for balance!

DSCN0377

The little viewmaster wheel is the third word and this was a tough one and encompasses several things so I’ll tell you what this word is.  #3 is Curious! I was going to put computery because I’m fairly good at figuring things out on computers but only because I’m curious.  I research things to death so I could have put researcher or OCD but in the end it’s curiosity that leads me to learn how to do things.

DSCN0387

Here’s my last two words on this page. 

 DSCN0378

No – not the clock silly although I am “timely” – the pink puzzle piece of a state and the little book.  Yep that’s my fourth word. (Haha my friend Patty saw the bird and guessed “flighty”! Close Patty but NO!)

DSCN0386 

And the fifth word which opens has all five answers and a brief turned lengthy explanation. 

DSCN0382

But I can’t tell you the five words because Dana might see them!  What I thought would be hard to do?  Not.  Once I started writing it was blah, blah blah and then some more blah blah blah.

 DSCN0383

Our very own Beverly of How Sweet The Sound and Pink Saturday fame came up with this idea so be sure and go see what she and the Pinkies are up to today.

DSCN0379

So that’s it for me. Any questions?  I have one. Leave a comment and tell me what five words you would use to describe yourself. I think Dana had an awesome idea for her journal, don’t you.

xoxo Nancy

10 comments:

  1. I can hardly see to type, Nancy, because the tears are just streaming down my little old face!!

    That creation of yours just filled my heart with so much emotion!! I LOVE what you did for my journal.....I just can't tell you in the appropriate words how very much they mean to me!! And I can hardly wait until October to see it in person.' You are such an artist and creative genus. You said we were alike in so many ways...well, we are, cept for the artsy, creative genus part....I'm no where near your level in those areas.

    YOU are the person who helped me pick out the final title...I had the idea....you came up with the perfect words to put it in motion. After I saw the other journals coming around, I wished I'd chosen another theme for mine....but now that you and the others are bringing it to life and sharing descriptive words about yourselves...I truly am happy I did what I did. It will truly be a treasure when it's completed.

    I have a busy day ahead.....doctor appt., post office and getting my post ready!!

    Thank you again for this awesome work of art!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm testing a new feature on my blog to be able to comment on comments. Let me know if you get this. :) N

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous! What a creative girl you are. I am still thinking of 5 words that describe me.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one creative talented lady. I am sure she will be thrilled to pieces when she receives this beauty.

    TTFN ~
    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
    A beautiful share. Dana is going to be so thrilled to get this treasure back. You have added a beautiful piece of love.

    What a talented friend you are. I love the little house and the windows. SO darn cute. Thank you for sharing. I would so love to be able to participate in such a fun project.

    Have a glorious weekend sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, I just love watching the progression of your group's journals. These pages are fabulous! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea, so artsy!

    My Pink, I am also inviting you to link up with my color Connection meme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday! What great work you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this! Pretty sweet pink touches.

    Happy pink Saturday, Happy Derby Day and ¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

    Please stop by and enter my celebrate spring/moms giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful journal pages! happy pink saturday! xo

    ReplyDelete