Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rhondi’s Porch Party

“Come sit with me out on the porch in early morn,
And watch a new day struggle to be born.
A tinge of orange upon horizon's breast
And stars now tired--flicker low and rest. “

Well, for now I’m going to recycle some old porch pictures….because I’ve got some sort of flu bug and didn’t get any pictures done today.

I originally had white wicker that I always wanted to paint black and never did.  My grandson was starting 4th grade that year so this must have been 5 years ago….

 DCP_0586

Then, one day I put all my wicker in the front yard and sold it on Craigslist.

 July 4th005

For a while I had an old enamel top table and a couple of chairs….

 July 4th007

This was last summer. Then I replaced

July 4th009

July 4th008

those chairs with some wonderful vintage bamboo chairs with vintage bark cloth cushions but while I loved to sit in them they were so low to the ground I couldn’t get OUT of them. LOL

DSC06378

Then one day, sitting on the curb behind my house was this couch my neighbor had set out for the GARBAGE!!!  It took about two seconds for it to be moved to my porch.

DSC06392

And I think it’s here to stay for a while.  It’s so00 comfortable and definitely is a napping couch.  Covered in a wonderful embossed leather like vinyl material it works perfectly on my porch.

DSC06388

Along with my wrought iron rocking chair my dad made for me.  I’ve added an area rug and an awning and if I start to feel human tomorrow I plan to take some pictures with the plants added.

DSC06390

I just couldn’t miss Rhondi’s porch party and you shouldn’t either.  Be sure and check out all the porches on parade today over at her place!  Thanks, Rhondi

 

 

25 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather---I hope tomorrow you're feeling lots better so you can visit lots of porches at the party!!!

    I just loved seeing your porch transform!!! How great that you nabbed that sofa and I love the awning!!! Your place looks so sweet---I would love to crash on your sofa for a little afternoon snooze!!

    Get to feeling better!!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy... that is one cozy porch! I'll be right over! Hope you'll feeling better soon..

    hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy, What a wonderful porch. I love how the sofa worked on your porch and the star on the window is a great idea. All your details are special. So cozy and inviting.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Blessings, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, what wonderfully welcoming porch! Love that adorable little watering can, the quilt, and the wicker. Just delightful!

    Happy Porch Party!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty porch! The sofa is gorgeous and I love the little watering can. Hope you are feeling better soon!
    ~Kalianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your porch looks very nice. I hope that you feel better soon.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, Get Well Soon. There is so much posting to do. Your porch looks very comfortable and peaceful. I will look forward to seeing your furniture when you get it painted.

    see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better very soon so you can sit out on the porch. Love the way yours looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice porch!! just beautiful! You have a gorgeous and restful place to relax.
    visit me anytime!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cozy place. I really like that quilt. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, this looks great! The only thing missing would be a husband napping on the couch! Hahaha. Perfect porch for entertaining!
    blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked seeing how the porch has changed through the years...and I love how it looks now~great couch!
    what a deal you got with that one :)
    have a wonderful day.
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nancy
    Your porch feels like a very cosy spot and it's interesting to see the changes. Thanks for joining the party and I hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Nancy. I hope you are feeling much better soon.

    It was fun to see the evolution of your porch. And, I do agree that it looks so comfy cozy now. As a matter of fact, I could use a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nancy :)

    Thank you so much for such a wonderful compliment. Your porch is as comfy as could be with the couch out there! What a wonderful place to nap away the day :)

    I hope you feel better soon!

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hurry and get to feeling better...your porch is always a seasonal surprise...I love how it takes on so many personalities and moods...just like you...still evolving and growing...I love the couch...just waiting for someone to stretch out with a cuo of morning coffee and the paper marking classifieds garage and estate sales for the day's adventure..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are soon feeling better and can get out to enjoy your own lovely porch. It is just too comfy and inviting!
    Oh - and thank you for visiting me and commenting on our sheltie - would you believe we have 2 more also? Our Sasha heads up my front page banner (13 years old) and our Molly is the middle child (darker sable and white) and Kelsi is our silver girl - a bi-blue at 2 1/2 years old and the alpha female of the trio. When you have a minute, visit my blog to see a photo of all 3. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you soon will feel better.Love the porch and especially the iron rocking chair your dad made you. When you are better please join my party too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nancy,

    I hope that you are feeling better soon. I just love your front porch. I love how you have that comfortable couch on your porch. It spells welcome.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love what you've done with the space!! Very creative. I'll bet your neighbor had second thoughts about her furniture after seeing what you did with it!!

    I enjoyed your Porch Party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great porch and one I am sure your neighbors are wishing they had:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fantastic porch! I love that sofa, what a perfect addition. This looks like such a wonderful place to relax and have some tea and enjoy the breeze. Stop by when you get a chance, you've been tagged! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. pretty!!!

    oh darn, I missed this fun event..just so busy... hard to keep track of all the blogging parties...

    Fun post!!

    Smiles,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  25. When I saw you sold the wicker I was VERY curious to see what you would do next! I like the idea of the couch very much - how relaxing! I hope you feel better very soon! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete