Friday, May 22, 2009

Pink Saturday

PAAAAAONIBEPFBGA

I’m so late in coming up with anything for Pink Saturday…this week we have redone The Roost

DSC07145

for the Memorial Day Sale and also did more work at Bella Blues

DSC07055

DSC07092

and tonight I have a kitchen full of flowers and a sink full of oasis

DSC07178 DSC07173

waiting to be arranged for the 135th anniversary celebration at church.  Lucky for me there’s always a little pink in things I do!  I’ll show you the fabulous baskets these flowers are going in later.  Meanwhile, have a wonderful Saturday.

Be sure and visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound to visit all the blogs participating in Pink Saturday.

PS:  Finally the flowers are done!

DSC07188 basket I found this picture of the baskets from the 50’s and they were old then.  The 70 year olds at church don’t know how old they are, but remember them always being here! They have a heavy galvanized cone in them that goes almost to the bottom.

Anyway, here’s a few pics:

and a few tables

I’ll have to do a whole post on the memorabilia they uncovered – such treasures.

nancy

10 comments:

  1. Now I know it isn't pink, but I love that settee in the pic. It would be perfect in my house. I did enjoy all the pinks. Such gorgeous eye candy to look at. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHHHH! Nancy, I enlarged every one of your photos so I could check out all the swell stuff you have for sale at your two locations! You guys certainly have good eyes for picking up great finds to stock your booths!! I look forward to "shopping" in them some day.

    So you're making floral arrangements? I'm making 6 pew bows for a wedding tomorrow--AND I have to go find something to wear to it! I was too busy getting ready for my visit with Jeanne to even think wedding stuff!! NOW I have to address it!

    Have a great weekend and a wonderful Pink Sat!!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I am so sorry for the e-mail problem. Hopefully, it will resolve itself.

    I love the flowers, and how wonderful to have this celebration.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baskets...think of all the weddings they have served...like the 27 Dresses...the flowers look beautiful and I know the church will look lovely and the celebration will be blessed...enjoy the day and happy anniversary to your congregation. Get home in time for the Indy 500 Go Danica...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your post..and that settee is so pretty. Yoor flowers are just beautiful..you did a great job.
    Happy Pink Saturday..have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy... I love doing things for church... it is so personally and rewarding...

    thanks for your comments on my stuff post... I think you've got the right idea... I oftgen find things that I keep for a while and then pass on...

    One of my favorite organizing blogs says to take a photo of it and then send it on it's way... I hope to do that more often.

    have a happy Memorial day... and a joyous 135th Church Anniversary Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delight! This proves that you have an artist's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the awning in one of the pics. Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. Antique Gallery is one of my fav places to go when we are in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The booth is looking awesome gurl! And I have to tell you that I got quite the kick out of my "funny money" that you and LaVerne sent. Hee hee! I can't wait to see you gurls! Gonna be a blast.

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete