Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Thirteen Things

It’s a brand spankin’ new year and I’m glad the holidays are over.  For once I am ahead of the game – we undecorated on January 2. Yea us!  The downside of not getting all your Christmas stuff out is it’s downright depressing.  The upside? You can get it all put away on January 2!

new yr

Did you party hardy New Year’s Eve?  Yeah – me, too.  Actually I watched Four Weddings and played Words With Friends, started reading a new book and was asleep by 12:30 so I could get up early to go see Les Miserables with my husband (for the 2nd time in 3 days!) Love, love, loved it! 

I’m not making resolutions but I saw this list on Pinterest and thought these are better than resolving anything.   I need to work on my floooooow – #8 and #12.  I added #13 because I think adding some pink just makes you happier! I hope I can find some worthwhile Pink Saturday things to blog about this year. I need to think of a theme!

12 things

Hopefully whatever 2013 brings you this year you will…..
be-happy-choice-choose-happiness-happy-favim-com-250141

 

Thank you, Beverly, for hosting Pink Saturday.  Stop by How Sweet The Sound and meet some new people and say hello to old friends.

xoxo Nancy

9 comments:

  1. Nancy. .. . I love the 12 I mean 13 items you shared about what happy people do! Gads. . .I need to work on a lot of items on that list. No wonder I'm not happy!!! :) I did save a copy of that so I could make a copy and keep it in front of me! I also love "choose happiness".....that's a hard one when we're really tested, but it's what keeps us going and keeps us sane.

    Your New Year's sounds about a tame as ours! I'm so looking forward to seeing Les Mis on Sunday. I heard a great commentary about it on the radio today. . .film reviewers were saying how when you put a boradway show into a movie mode. . .it worst thing you can do it get singers who belt out the songs like the stage folks do. Mainly...the songs have to be oversold for a stage production to work. Over selling the songs on film ruins everything. They felt (just as I had told a disgruntled friend) that using actors who were not the best singers in the world makes the film version of a play more real. I totally agree. . . so I know, w/o a debt I will love it. One of them reminded us to take plenty of tissues.......I believe you said that, too!

    Gotta rest so I can go out to dinner. Then back home to make the "smash" cake for my little gr. boy's first birthday party tomorrow. I'm a terrible cake decorator...so it will be a great one for him to destroy!

    HPS and HNY!!! L, dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. GADS.....why don't I proof stuff before I publish? I meant to say. . .without a DOUBT...not DEBT. :) dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad they all over and hopefully things will get back to some normalcy. Not sure what normal is any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello...This is my first visit to your blog via Beverly's Pink Saturday. It sounds like you have a great sense of humor. I look forward to visiting again. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I need to get planning as well and you've inspired me!
    Happy New Year!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great list! And I'm thinkin adding #13 just made it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful PINK post! So glad you came by... been awhile since I came by your page and now will stop in again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't make any resolutions because I canNOT keep them. A couple of years I resolved to do 10 sit-ups each day, because anyone can do 10 lousy sit-ups a day, right? WRONG. I lasted ONE day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy, thank you so much for the sweet card. It made me smile. I didn't even get my Christmas cards done. The trip just took so much time before we left getting our huge list of gifts bought and delivered to my family.

    Wishing you a wonderful 2013.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete