Friday, June 5, 2009

Pink Saturday Visit

Good Morning and Happy Pink Saturday.  Today there is a drawing for the winner of my crinom lily. (Thanks G for finding out just what this plant is) but first remember to visit Beverly and all the other pink blogs when you leave here.

This week I had a surprise visit from someone I’ve always wanted to meet.  If you’re like me you are always prepared for company with a clean home, baked goods at the ready and a sightseeing tour of the State of Texas.  Can you guess who it was?

Yessssss….Dana and the Stone Rabbit.

 

Dana was going to send me some Pink Masks and she and the Stone Rabbit decided to deliver them in person.  One for me and one for Lily!

6a00e551ebc5ca8834011570653f1e970b-500pi

As shocked as I was when they showed up at my door  I still remembered to take a lot of pictures so I could share them with all our Pink Saturday friends.

We had a little tea outside in my garden and we were all very conscious of the Swine/Hiney/HINI flu so we all wore our masks all day.

D & N3

and then we were off for a  hot air balloon ride over Austin. (By the way – I never would have guessed but Dana is sort of HIP HOP – see the hat?  You kind of expect that of the SR given his background – you know – Hippety Hoppety but I was surprised at Dana. ) Anyway, she sure loves that hat.

D & N5

We hit 6th Street and then

D & N8

back to Pflugerville for a quilt show and  a little tour.

D & N7

Lily and I wanted to show the SR a Statue of the largest Jackalope in the world.

j

Let’s just say he was a little “skeptical” and said something about “Tall Texas Tale”. (You know “Show Me I’m from Missouri” kind of thinking)

D & N4

So as we were heading back to my house …guess what jumped out right in front of us???A real life Texas Jackalope.

jaunty-jackalope

Let me tell you…he’s a believer now. D & N9

As the sun was setting Dana and the SR had to head back to Missouri. 

D & N10

It was an absolutely wonderful day and  wasn’t it  just a dream come true getting to meet a favorite blogger.  One last picture of us in Dana’s pink Cadillac.

D & N11

Then Lilly and I climbed out, we said our goodbyes and off they went!  I was exhausted!  And guess what she else left me?

me 

Peace out…dawg.

Now for the drawing.  How the heck does the number generator work???

33 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're wearing protection. You can never be too careful with the Swine Flu bug making the rounds. Your Pink Saturday post had me laughing. Enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE STONE RABBIT is STILL talking about our swell trip to visit you and Lily!! He said to tell you that he's glad you're feeling better. He could tell you're feeling better because you did such a great job putting this fun-tastic post about our visit together!! He said he didn't realize how awesome I looked in my Hip-Hop hat until he saw your post photos!! He thought it was a great touch of us putting those big, bright flowers on our hats, too!! He wanted to know how come Lily's Pink mask fits so much better than his---he has trouble seeing when he puts his own, and he noticed Lily's eyes were visible.
    Don't tell The Stone Rabbit this, but he's still a little shook over the sight of that monstrous leaping Jackalope. He likes our little Missouri bunnies a whole lot more--they aren't as threatening since they don't have antlers!!
    I'm glad you liked the Pink Caddy I drove down when we came to visit you guys. I sold also of make up a long time ago and I earned that car as a prize. It's a real beauty!
    We loved all of the sights you shared with us---and we're so glad we wore our masks as a precaution! We don't want any of the Hiney/H1N1 stuff--no sir ree!!!

    L, Dana

    PS I was totally unprepared for THAT funny post---you're a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent had a good laugh like this in a while.

    FUNNNNNY stuff!

    TTFN~~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still laughing! Your post is hilarious! I'm up late because I am a newbie to blogging and to Pink Saturday (it's almost 4am here), and I'll bet I woke the neighbors laughing so hard!

    Thank you so much for your wonderful sharing your fabulously funny sense of humor!

    Those pink mask are terrific!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny, I had a big laugh! The pink mask is so wonderful, never seen one before with pink color.

    Have a nice pink saturday
    Lots of luv,
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post. Love your pink masks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, I'm stopping by to say hello, and Happy Pink Saturday. It's been stormy and rainy here in Southwest Florida. I hope your day is full of sunny skies, warm temps and plenty of Pink!

    My husband and I laughed out loud at your funny pics, what a lot of work that was to do - ty, funny stuff!

    xJ
    MaidenShade.wordpress.com
    DeStash.me
    MaidenShade.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun - thanks for sharing your grand adventure...and our 3 little girl shelties are very curious about that pink mask and how it can fit on a pointy little sheltie nose...very clever!
    You have started our weekend out with lots of smiles.(:-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post - hilarious!! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still laughing!
    I get it...go buy a mask! I can't, my glasses will fog up and then I will not know where I am going and may wind up anywhere!!!
    HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Glad to see you ladies protected yourselves from gettin' the flu of the swine while you were out and about. Love the pink Caddy!
    Happy Pink Saturday and have a loveleigh weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious!! You and Dana together must be a great party! Hey - was that my pink cadillac you were driving? Now I know who that mysterious woman was!

    Have a great Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! I love the flowers in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post, looks like you had fun.
    happy pink saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One day of the week I can count on for self-indulgence, Beverly's Pink Saturday. My l♥ve for the color is fed over and over and over by the generosity of everyone who participates. This week is no exception.

    Thank you for sharing such great eye-candy. It was an absolute pleasure to visit your blog. Hoping this weekend finds you surrounded by l♥ve and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun post! I keep telling Dana she needs to write a kid's book (I teach kindergarten), but, maybe the two of you should team up! Very cute! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute post! Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. it's good to see and hear how much fun you two had!! Love the pink masks!!! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very silly ! Pink masks....LOL ! Stay away from that Pig Flu !!!
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to post a comment! That meant i got to come back and see your devine post again that made me laugh sooo hard.

    You are bright and clever and will see you again.

    Thanks so much for stopping ... means so much.

    TTFN~~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  21. LoL, That was a fun ride. You even get to go to so much places ... pink mask and pink car :-)

    Happy PS!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  22. Silly, and sooooo much fun! :))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute post! Happy belated pink Saturday.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I won't even try to call you until at least Tuesday...you really knocked yourself out on that visit...now you realize the Ya-Yas will be expecting balloon rides over Austin when we come for a visit...later when all fear of the flu has passed...not that a pink mask wouldn't improve my appearance! What a fabulous post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post - made me laugh! Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful post. I smiled all the way thru. How sweet you all looked in your pretty pink masks. Happy belated Pink Saturday..have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. don't you just love surprises from wonderful friends, happy pink saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved it...the post was Fabulously Fun...what a bunny hoot! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  29. ohmygosh....you crack me up! :D I loved it!

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nancy- you are a hoot! I am so jealous of you and dana and sr and your doggy! sounds like you all had a marvelous time but I have to say it- I think you both are a little stiff in front of the camera. I think you need to learn some alternate poses! Sweetpea Sue

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh, Nancy. How did I miss this. I am on the floor laughing. You and Dana make quite a pair. Between the two of you I will have aching sides from laughter.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun post! Dana has so nice and funny blog! I love her!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete