Friday, January 23, 2009

Let's Go Shopping!

Driving home from our weekend in Houston I was finally able to stop at By Design Scrapbook Boutique in Clearlake. I'd seen an ad in a magazine and wanted to stop. I just wasn't prepared (well actually I was because I had my camera) for how fabulous it was and how PINK! It's just one of the prettiest stores I've seen! And it's EMBELLISHED! everywhere


I could live in that treatment over the door! The store is built like the Rotunda in our Capitol Bldg. Write and tell President Obama that we're tired of that dismal neutral color and we want it painted pink. We can do this...yes we can...say it......YES WE CAN!!! The staff was so gracious and told me to take all the pictures I wanted!

So lucky for you and me....I did! Every display just screamed - buy me I'm PINK! No plain old bins here. Look at these wonderful frames. Baskets and bowls and vases held everything.Loved this workspace.



The walls are many shades of pink with some trompe 'loil to boot~


Dusty has just started a blog so stop by and visit her. Maybe they will invite our Pink Saturday group to come to a crop...after all there's only about 150 of us now! I'm sure Beverly our moderator at How Sweet the Sound can arrange it! LOL Hmm...maybe not since she's so busy hosting this little soiree each week!


And this garden themed display in PINK.


Made me want to get busy scrapbooking and gardening!




I had about 17 minutes to shop because Lilly was in the car patiently waiting and Jeff was in this chair, sort of patiently waiting.


Stop by for a virtual visit to By Design Scrapbook Boutique

and then visit everyone participating in Pink Saturday today. (You didn't want to sleep anyway)!
Have a wonderful weekend....Nancy


28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I would have wanted to move in! Rachaelxo p.s. I am part of the One World-One Heart international blog giveaway so do come and visit! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - Happy Pink Saturday!
    What a wonderful little shop full of pink. I love all the different display ideas.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of pink goodness there! Thanks for sharing. It was fun!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you drooling in PINK when you hit that shop? I wouldn't have known which direction to start snapping those great photos first!

    Hope you have a fun-packed Pink Sat!! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantatic shop! I know I'd love to browse there for hours.

    Have a great Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have walked out the door of that shop so broke! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What LUCK! How kind of them to let you take pictures too! This is a great pink post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a wonderful little shop! I wish I lived near Clearlake!! Not only is it pink but it's filled with my other great passion, scrapbook supplies!! Thanks for sharing!! Happy pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantatic shop!Love it....
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Blessings,
    Virginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only do I want to shop in that store, I want to live in that store : ) So beautiful and fun. That is the exact hot pink on 2 of the walls in my Daughters room, the other walls are a different hot pink. I call them Hot Pink and OH MY GOSH hot pink : ) Happy Pink Saturday
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am drooling! I love scrapbook stores like that. And the last room LOVE the paint color in it. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow! Oh wow! I'd love to visit that store. Happy Pink Saturday!
    I absolutely love the picture of your son and his wife in the previous post!! So, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My..I would love to spend a day there looking,looking and more looking. What a wonderful pink shop...Happy Pink Saturday..have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a sumptious looking shop! I could spend hours browsing there. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty Nancy!
    What a fun store to get lost in ;0)
    and shop..... and play...

    Hugs and happy pink day!!!

    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for taking me Pink Saturday shopping with you; it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy...how did you manage to pull yourself away? LOL....

    I think its wonderful they were so kind to let you take pictures to share! :) Did you find some goodies to bring home (other than just pics)!?
    What a grand time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Wow! I want to go to that store. I am a total hopeless case in a scrapbook store.

    Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a neat boutique! Wish I was down there visiting all of these places with you! I think I like PINK...
    Love,
    Buckeye Jude

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great pink shop.I bet I could spend hours there. Happy pink weekend

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great place! I love the unique way they display things, so pretty. So you're in P-ville? We are neighbors. How long have you lived there? Do you remember when there were huge stretches of nothing between RR and G'town? I loved your "not pole" comment, had me giggling all night. I may ask for your input on a post I'm putting together about children/arts education, etc. It depends on whether I can get to the capitol tomorrow for a presentation in the Senate chamber.I'll stop by and see your space at the Antique mall sometime, I can't believe you're right up the road. I spend ALOT of time at 1/2 price books, so I'll just mosey on up the next time I'm there. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many pink lovelies! I love the pink frame--ooh la la! I think I'm going to paint my outdoor flowerpots pink this year! Happy PS!
    Hugs,
    Sheri~~Prim Rose Hill

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable shop! Can't get this charm in big box stores!
    Your Yes we can referral to the White house cracked me up!! Thanks for the am laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You would have to drag me kicking and screaming from that amazing shop! Wow

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh thanks for sharing, what a fun store just like a huge candy store for the all of us pink and vintage junkies. I have missed visiting but I am back on the blog wagon again, looking forward to all the wonderful posts they are so inspiring. I think I will have to check out Pink Saturday it looks like so much fun. Happy Belated New Year!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW, what a fabulous store!!!! I'll have to remember that, next time I'm down that way!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm just now getting to some of the Pink Saturday blogs. It's funny because I live in Friendswood and I never knew about that store. Hope you had a Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete