Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My December To Remember

In case anyone noticed I’ve been in absentia on my blog just about all of December. I can’t really count the Porch post I recycled from 3 years ago and let me tell you – this house had no decorations up until last Saturday.  And even then only the living room got a tree with a few decorations from the craft heap pulled into service.  I’ll be happy when March rolls around and I have just one tree to undecorate! Noooo – just kidding – I always take it down by Valentine’s Day!  Anyway. I’m going to recount the past 20 days in pictures! Yes – I just knew you’d be excited to spend the weekend before Christmas looking at my December! NOT.

I almost forgot that we did a little Christmas decorating at Oodles.  Yawn…do you think it needs more brown? I put some pink in just to rebel.  Really it’s so out of place I need to find that tussie a nice pink home.



That same week we decorated the trees at church. The other decorator and I somehow mixed up our days so I was on my own decorating the trees and windows. Actually it was nice and peaceful spending the day in church all by myself.

church christmas decorating 003

Jeff came later and swagged the choir loft and I swagged the windows.  It’s a pretty church so it just doesn’t need a lot.

church christmas decorating 005

I finished my pages for The Itty Bitty Book Club.  So anxious to get this book back in the mail.

ibb recipeI
We couldn’t neglect the sports world and had quite a few basketball games to attend…

062


and the Football Banquet for my dearly loved Cedar Ridge Raiders…especially that one giving me the “serious” look.

Spo (11)

And I crafted making memory rings

003
and more memory rings.

002
Now this has become about my favorite Christmas “event” to attend.  Vespers at St. Martins in Austin hosts the choirs of Texas Lutheran College.  Their voices are truly beautiful as is St Martins at Christmas.

vespers 004
This year they ended with “Still Still Still” which has to be my favorite carol/hymn.  The choir surrounds the church and it is just beyond beautiful with voices from every direction.  So peaceful.

vespers 014
Later that week was our Bunco club’s Christmas party – we invite all the subs from the past year and do a gift exchange after 9 rounds of bunco.  They look like nice Lutheran ladies but trust me – they’re all three sheets to the wind.  hahaha

bunco 008a
We do a gift exchange so I made a box for my gift – I liked it better than the gift I put in it.

santa box 004
This year my older son and his family will be spending Christmas in snowy Illinois so last Sunday night we all got together for some family time.  I’d heard about the drive through light display in Round Rock.  I heard it was fabulous and just knew that my less than enthusiastic family would love it once they got to experience it.  There were soo many cars that the 1/2 hour drive through the park actually took an hour.  And guess what – it seemed like THREE! Let’s just say they were…uh…mediocre. Here’s my grandsons enjoying them.  They love having their pictures taken!

001
We came back and had gumbo and gave them their gifts.  I tried to set the timer so I could take a family picture and that didn’t work out for me.  So I said let me just take one of them.  They love me taking their picture….jerks.  But they’re my jerks and I love them all to pieces.

008

So that’s how my December has gone so far.  I haven’t a clue what Beverly has planned for Pink Saturday but I’m linking this tome anyway.  Merry Christmas  bloggy buds – I hope all your dreams come true!  xo Nancy

Joining My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Time slips by isn't it, it's good that you are very productive.

    My PINK
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. . .I am so glad I saved reading this post until tonight. I've had a GRUELING day of marathon Christmas shopping. . .complete with dealing with left over ice from the snow storm and grouchy shoppers and clerks and a dufus at the grocery store that DIDN"T PUT THE BACON I BOUGHT IN THE BAG AND NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK!!! AGAIN!!! :) Anyway, those photos of your family ducking and hiding when you take their photos just made me laugh out loud! SOOOO danged funny and I so get it! I have folks so sick of me take photos, too! They just aren't real gamers are they?

    I thouroughly enjoyed your Dec. in review! Mine has pretty much marched by too without a lot of Christmasy decor and prep. happening!! I still just have our real tree decorated....nothing else. I finally finished my shopping tonight and I'm meeting a friend in the morning to do our give exchange...then it's back here to slap out a few decorations, cook and clean for the next two days! :) I always dream of having everything done by mid Dec., but that will never happen in this lifetime...I have just had to accept that fact this year!

    OK...so now I have to go make the rest of a gift I'm giving my friend in the morning. so....Night-Night Nancy.......I loved this post so much! Your Bunco bunch does look a little tipsy!! ha ha!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your phamily is related to mine! I feel like I live with people in the Witness protection Program. Silly faces, covered faces, I can rarely get a nice shot! LOL! You have been busy. Enjoy the season and that silly phamily! You are very blessed. Anne

    ReplyDelete