Thursday, December 31, 2009

In The Year 2010

Happy New Year!  It seems like it was only yesterday when we were preparing for total disaster in the New Millennium -  you remember…when all technology was supposed to fail?  Can ten years really have gone that fast?  Goodbye and good riddance to 2009.  Each month brought new disasters in our economy and government and on and on.   “Ten” will be so easy to say and write and remember.  Beverly, for Pink Saturday, has asked what things we’d like to improve upon in the coming year…do you have a couple of hours???LOL  (Actually, the older I get the more satisfied I am with the way things are…or should I say accepting?) Since most of my New Years Resolutions FAIL I thought I’d come up with more positive ideas – you know more achievable….  so here is my list of…..

Things I Want to Improve in 2010 image

1.  Learn Photoshop!

2.  Pay attention to my electric bill due date...stop paying Stream Energy one lousy day late and paying their money grubbing late charge!

3.  Organize my pictures on my computer...and not at 3 A.M. either!

4.  Have a Valentine making party.

5.  Eat healthier - (after my Valentine making party)

6.  Use less of everything (unless I need to make something prettier) and remember to never use that annoying phrase "carbon footprint".

7.  Stop coveting my neighbors garden house (even though I really, really wish I had one just like it)

8.  Take more naps

9.  Figure out why my new towels always have tiny bleach spots when they aren't near bleach.

10.  Walk more….Whine less!

Hey! I’ve already improved just by making this list.  So what are you going to improve in TEN?  Have a great Pink Saturday, a wonderful  week and a prosperous and healthy year, blog buddies.

                                                         Happy TEN!!!!

                                                             xox0Nancy                    

 

13 comments:

  1. Happy NEW YEAR to you, my sweet Texas Blogging Friend!

    I LOVED this post of yours....you really do have wonderful writing skills. Your wit is terrific, too.

    I, too, give up making resolutions. I have "the list" of things I want to do....and I try to check something off now and then. Photoshop is something I want to improve, too. I just have Photoshop Elements 6...I think I need the BIG one to do the things I'd like to do.

    I hope you're having a blast with your friends right now, Nancy. Wish I was there with you, sipping on a hot drink or four! :)

    Yes, I agree. I am glad to say bye to 09...I hope 10 is really that...a perfect "10"!

    Happy Pink Sat.

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2010....sounds like a great list for the new year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy New Year...learn PhotoShop very well and then patiently teach me...I love the ABBA song!!!how pefect for the end of a decade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy, that is a long list of projects! If you need any help with Photoshop, let me know. I love it and you will too.

    Happy New Year and Happy Pink Saturday,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all your goals, but the first and last ones are on my list too!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh there are so many things on that list that I'd like to do too! Happy New Year and Happy pink week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'day Nancy ~ Your list sounds pretty good ... a few are on mine goals to achieve.

    May 2010 bring you great happiness & joys!
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all great goals to have! I would like to learn more about photo shop too! Happy Pink Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy! Good for you! I like your list. Maybe I'll just borrow it. LOL I already take naps though. I lay down every day for a twenty minute power nap. Have a wonderful Pink Saturday. I wish I lived close enough to come to your Valentine making party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do believe this is the first time i have visited your lovely blog -- wont be the last for sure!!

    First ;) i love your font-- just love that.

    Love your humor! We speak the same language.

    I especially agree on walking more and whining less!

    I know you are very busy -- but if you ever get a moment i would love for you to stop by and say hi.

    TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, you have given me a great big smile with this post. I, too, find that I am more satisfied the older I get. I just don't find myself wanting much.

    Now, I would like a gazebo in the woods behind our house, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

    Happy Pink Saturday and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year from our house to your house. I love your project to walk more and whine less. Good luck with that one. When it is only 10 degrees above zero, I whine and don't walk.
    Joyce, IL, USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Nancy!!!

    Love your post :)

    Kay

    ReplyDelete