Friday, December 25, 2009

A Mary Christmas


I love this little Nativity scene.  And how fitting that Mary is in PINK!
DSC09942
When I put this in my entry hall the room seemed to take on a pink glow.  I’d like to say it’s been in the family for years.  But, no….I found this at a St. Vincent de Paul store marked $3.00 and then it was on sale since it was after Christmas for 
50 cents.
DSC09945
   It’s old and well used and I love the chippy paint and wonder how anyone could let it go?  I’ve looked forever for just the right set and love this one.
DSC09956
How scary it must have been giving birth in such difficult circumstances.  Maybe she really did put on her best pink gown to receive all those visitors.
DSC09958
Anyway this sweet little scene is in my care for now
DSC09960
casting a pink glow over the little hall.
DSC09950
I hope your Christmas was blessed with family and friends.  Thanks to Beverly for hosting our Pink Saturdays.  xoxo Nancy


del.icio.us Tags: ,,

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing. The navity is a great find too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Holidays to you and your family, Nancy.

    Girl, I can't believe how lucky you were to find this. Many of your pieces look like mine. I posted about it here.

    http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/pink-saturday-december-12-2009-a-pink-giveaway-winner-and-christmas-around-our-home-day-thirteen.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nancy, That is just the sweetest Nativity set...what a treasure. Isn't it something...we both posted about that topic. I know it's Christmas weekend, but really, that's kinda eerie! It's that "kindred spirits" thingy again! I hope you had the best day! We just stayed put (well, I did). It snowed all afternoon again! I reshoveled our sidewalk (our daughter did it yesterday morning) and it had drifted to about 12 inches. I'm too old to do much of that! Our driveway was a mess again, too. Luckily, we have a JD lawn tractor that my hubby puts a snow blower attachment on. Sadly, today the important belt broke. It wouldn't blow snow, but he could still use it as a snow blade of sorts. I've been trying to keep warm and awake since I came in. I did real well on the staying warm part, but I just seemed to keep napping away much of the afternoon. It was WONDERFUL!

    Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is just so pretty Nancy! I love that nativity. I'd say it was a steal but that just doesn't sound right. LOL
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late for PINK Saturday but, at least I made it to say hello!

    I LOVE your new to you nativity! And you are right Mary in Pink is perfect! I am so happy you rescued this beautiful treasure & LOVE it as you do. How could someone get rid of that? Have a great week! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas,again...I have been enjoying the cheery glow indors since it's sooo cold outdoors...Your little navitity looks lovely and one of these days we're going to have to make plans for a flea/garage sale/antique mall adventure...Even though I've loved Christmas, I'm growing homesick for the Ya-Yas and our shopping jaunts...See you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet nativity set Nancy. Sorry I've been a bad blogger buddy lately, but it's been nuts around here. Moved Cait back home so that she can start student teaching, which meant FINALLY painting her room first, and then of course the Christmas rush. Now I'm dealing with all of the end of the year paperwork at the clinic. I'm going to need a vacation soon! Hope you have a wonderful New Year! Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete