Friday, January 14, 2011

Pink Saturday Gifts and Crafts

Well……. my friend went to Europe and all I got was this…   Fabulous Necklace!!!  Isn't it beautiful?  The friend?  You all know her – LaVerne at Riverside Studios – and like the rest of us she knows life is just sweeter with a little pink in it.  Artist made lampwork beads on a rosary like chain – it's just breathtaking.

necklace

But wait there's more as Billy Mays would say! Not one, not two but six rolls of gorgeous paper.  All I said was…"bring me some paper".  These papers are so vibrant and have about every color of the rainbow.  I'm going to make a point to use them rather than "saving" them hidden away in a drawer.  The card is a picture LaVerne took of a mosaic entering the Sistene Chapel.  DSCN6152

Thanks, LaVerne – it's all too much…well, not really!  It's just right!

While Christmas still hangs around my house I'm forging ahead working on Valentines, some things for Paper Cowgirl, my tags for the January TagAlong  and a sampler for A Swap For All Seasons.  Want a sneak peak?  Not of the house, silly!  The valentines!   I can't show you until they're mailed out!

DSCN6149b

I'm almost done!  Ahead of time.  Hopefully this weekend I'll be home and be able to visit some of my blog friends.  Like Beverly at How Sweet The Sound.  Don't you love the new McLinky she's using – it's so much easier to visit everyone now.  Have a wonderful weekend.  xoxo Nancy

18 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday! Pretty papers but love the necklace! Enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    You are my Pink Saturday mention this week. I love all of your treasures.

    Happy Pink Saturday,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those brightly colored rolls of paper! Beautiful.
    Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty papers and the jewels are beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  5. That LaVerne is a sweetie!! I love that amazing necklace she brought back to you.....and those great rolls of paper! The photo she took of the mosaic at the Sistene Chapel is wonderful....and she made it into a card? Wow, you gals are just too creative down there in Texas!!

    Thanks for sharing your gifts from LaVerne.

    I've been thinking about the card I'm gonna make! :) It will be so much fun....just like you!

    Hope you're having a great weekend....and an awesome Pink Saturday!!

    L, Dana

    PS THE STONE RABBIT says he'll make a snow angel for you if you want! He loves to play in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful friend she is and such beautiful taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love the necklace, but everything is lovely. Sweet friend ...

    Have a happy PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gifts and pink post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what great gifts, you must be great friends. Congrats.
    Happy PS
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh! What wonderful gifts!! That necklace is gorgeous and you know I would love that paper!! I'm in the fabric collage swap too. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet...what a gorgeous set of gifts!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!
    Happy Pink Saturday.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. simply wonderful gifts! That necklace is exquisite!
    The papers are lovely and I am looking forward to what you'll do with them.
    Happy Pink Saturday
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely gifts! I have just started on some Valentine decorations.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those surprises from Europe are fantastic, and I must say the giver likes you a LOT! Bringing all that back in a suitcase isn't easy!

    You are Totally worth it, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy pink Saturday...glad you posted the papers and the beads and I'm even more happy that you like them...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Swap Partner...What a gorgeous necklace from your friend...you're a lucky girl! I'm visiting your blog to get to know you for our Mini Fabric Collage swap...and I'm pretty sure I can use PINK!!!
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete