Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dolly Dingle Valentine Exchange

Move over Oprah and Oprahs favorite things!  This Valentine exchange has been one of my most favorite things ever!  I was so very excited when I read about Elizabeth's offer to make a Valentine  in exchange for one sent to her.  Seriously! I've always wanted something made by her so I jumped at the chance.  Then I was offered the opportunity to host a sidebar swap with 5 more people.  Lucky for me I got confused and ended up with 6 more.  I had three Lindas who signed up.  My lifelong friend LaVerne, my best blog buddy Dana both signed up and then lucky me…Laura Ingalls Gunn signed up.  I didn't realize Laura was Decor To Adore – one of my favorite blogs.  So let's get to it and I'll show you all the fabulous valentines I received.

 Elizabeth at Bluebird Papercrafts.  When I found Elizabeth I hadn't been that excited since I got my first Mary Englebreit magazine!  She completely astounds me with her talent. I will treasure this forever, E!

e1

 Laura at Decor To Adore  sewed this beautiful card.  It's perfection, right?  Read my post from yesterday if you are looking for inspiration…Laura is it!!

DSCN6553   

LaVerne at Riverside Studios  LaVerne and I have known each other so long we craft alike!  Unbeknownst to each of us we both used original German scraps!  I love this triptych card she created.  A map, a castle…so creative.

L1

Linda @ Lambsworld  - her card just took my breath away.  Look at the envelope which was adorable all by itself and then she stitched a gorgeous envelope for the card.  Absolutely adore the whole package!

lf2

Linda at Linda Ruthie's Aprons  made the sweetest, softest card. So many little details and again – a beautifully crafted matching, lined envelope.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I love it sooo much.

linda ruthie

Linda at Linda's Felted Folksies  card is pinkalicious!!! I love the ric rac and crepe paper and bluebirds which happen to be one of my favorite things in the world. 

Linda H

Dana at The Stone Rabbit  claims she isn't a papery person but she's a fraud! She's a fabulous paper artist and look – I think the little bunny on the front is one of The Stone Rabbits ancestors.  I wish you could see the ecru colored crepe paper better.  I love the storybook background and the message on the back is one I'd like to send to each of you also.

dana 1

I hung it so I could see it from both sides!

DSCN6603

and it reads….

dana2

and here  are  the valentines sent to my very special seven.bingo val

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your beautiful creations.  I treasure each and every Valentine and

DSCN6319

each and every one of you.

Thank you Elizabeth for this wonderful bloggy Valentine's Day Party!

 

12 comments:

  1. I love these pretty valentines!!
    Happy Valentines!
    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been the best card swap ever...thanks so much for inviting me and thanks for your darling card...love and hugs this Valentine Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just unbelievable. I love that E. Thank you for sharing these pictures of them. You did a great job with that, too!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG All of your Valentines are beautiful!!!! They are so adorable..what fun!! I will have mine up tomorrow to share!! Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you for swapping!! Hugs, Folksie Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Is this ever a talented group of women. Your Valentines received are all so special and all so different. I have just discovered Riverside Studios and am so thrilled with her HH tags. Thank you again so much for joining and sharing your art with me. I am sharing a post featuring your tag on Wed. if that is okay with you. You have inspired a craft room creation! Happy Valentine's Day to you! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your Valentine treasures & treats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day Nancy. Your Valentines are adorable. I wish I hadn't been too late to sign up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Nancy.....the cards you received are OUTSTANDING!! I am so inspired by you and the artists who participated in your swap!! Thank you for letting me be a part of it...I thoroughly enjoyed it!! And I absolutely LOVED the card I received from YOU!!

    I just now got my post up......slow in that part, too! :(

    I hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each Valentine is just fabulous! I hope you've had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw your email...your comment didn't come through. Don't you hate it when these blogs are difficult to work with? Thanks for your effort! :)


    Have a great day...I'm gonna go junkin for awhile...I need a "get away"!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the German valentine's are my favorite.

    I love the girl you made. (Hint hint for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ladies are the very best. I am in love with every single card - each a work of art and a forever treasure.♥

    ReplyDelete